Brewer Fanatic

9/13/08 Brewers (Parra) at Phillies (Hamels): 2:55 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-1 count and Hart grounds into a double play.

Weeks has regressed

Hardy improved

Braun regressed (although nobody could expect him to keep up those numbers)

Fielder regressed

Hart regressed

Hall regressed

Most of our hitters have regressed. Pathetic.

I just tuned into the game on the internet. Anyone here a reason why Yost went Dillard, McClung, Villy, rather than just leaving one of the first two in for two or three innings, at least (admittedly, I can't remember if Dillard is capable of multiple innings)? Not really a criticism of Yost, just curious. I like that he pulled Parra early and does seem to be doing what he can to claw back into this game. I guess he just wanted the pinch hitters?

I just tuned into the game on the internet. Anyone here a reason why Yost went Dillard, McClung, Villy, rather than just leaving one of the first two in for two or three innings, at least (admittedly, I can't remember if Dillard is capable of multiple innings)?
He pulled them for pinch hitters.

As far as I can tell dl, Yost is a gritty battler who is willing to pull out all the stops to win this game, tomorrow's DH be darned.

I admire the attitude, but not the execution. Settling for two last inning and pitching McClung this inning would have been fine. (Hell, McClung may have put up a better AB last inning too). Of course, this leaves aside the question of why McClung came in after Dillard barely broke a sweat.

Archived