Brewer Fanatic

Jobless and out for season

Brewer Fever

On Friday my employer informed me that due to a lack of growth in market share they were suspending sales in the Chicago territory. Unfortunately for me that was my delivery zone. Despite our sales rep devoting up to 75% of his time and efforts on expanding our presence down there, we were failing in our attempt to tap into the highly competitive and oversaturated Chicago market. We just couldn't be competitive with the local companies down there and their pricing. With fuel prices where they are we just couldn't cut it, when in order to take some of the sales away from our competitors we'd have to sell supplies down there at a loss. At least that's the way things we're explained to me when I was given the option to relocate at the end of the day yesterday.

What does this mean for me? Well, since I have no desire to uproot my family for a second time in 3 years and thereby take my wife away from a good job she enjoys, I am, for the time being, without a job. And living in Hartford without a steady paycheck, it's just not feasible to burn the gas required of a 45 minute drive each way from home to field on Tuesday and Thursday nights. What I had been doing was staying in the area after work on those nights. Now without job and a natural reason to be in the Greenfield area on gamedays, I just can't justify the expense of travel with now 50% of my household income wiped off the table.

I'm sorry to let Luke and the rest of you down. But my focus now has to be on finding a new job. I have a few leads already so I'm sure I get back on my feet soon enough. All the best and good luck. You guys are right on the cusp of turning the corner. The bats are there. Get your feet under you defensively and the wins will start to pile up.

Josh, Msg Rec'd. Good Luck with everything.

Team, that leaves us with 11 players for Tuesdays and 10 for Thursdays, pending everybody shows. While I started the season with 14 and thought that was plenty adequate (if all show, that makes for limited playing time), I did not anticipate losing 3 members just 3 games into the season. If somebody wants to recommend another player and get him on the roster, please do so.

See you all on Tuesday.

Luke,

I'll ask a buddy of mine if he wants to play, he's an infielder and a solid player and a lefty hitter to boot.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived