Brewer Fanatic

5/24/06 Brewers (Davis) @ Reds (Claussen) 6:10pm CST

BuckyTuba
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

April 1st:

Doug Melvin: What would it take to sign Doug?

Davis' Agent: 5 years 50 million.

Doug: Let us think about it.

May 1st:

Doug: We were thinking 2 years 14 million

Davis' Agent: 2 years 14.5 million

May 15th:

Davis' Agent: We will take 2 years 14 million.

Doug: We actually were thinking 2 years 9 million.

Davis': Let's see what happens with Doug's next to starts..

Tonight:

Davis' Agent: So we agree to the veteran's minimum for 5 years correct?

Doug: Are you sure that you can't find a birth certificate that shows Davis is a rookie so we can pay him according to the way he is pitching?

"If you can get a pitcher like Ben Sheets healthy, it's like signing a marquee free agent in the middle of the season"--- dumbest statement of the month by Daron Sutton, and that's saying something

Quote:
is there some MLB rule that says when the 5th hitter has an 60 point higher batting average than the 3 hitter that Ned is forced to make a switch?

It is arguable that Fielder is seeing better balls to hit batting after Lee than he would batting before him... plus he's a rookie... I wouldn't move him

Quote:
"If you can get a pitcher like Ben Sheets healthy, it's like signing a marquee free agent in the middle of the season"--- dumbest statement of the month by Daron Sutton, and that's saying something

Whats stupid about that statement?

We have no #1 pitcher right now, and getting Sheets back would give us one again. Seems like a pretty reasonable statement to me.

Boom!

Bombs away for Carlos!

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Quote:
We have no #1 pitcher right now, and getting Sheets back would give us one again. Seems like a pretty reasonable statement to me.

If we really didn't have Sheets, we would have had $10 million more to spend on pitching (not that I'm advocating that)...

Quote:
It is arguable that Fielder is seeing better balls to hit batting after Lee than he would batting before him... plus he's a rookie... I wouldn't move him

I think you have it backwards, but maybe i'm wrong. Could you please explain this?

Archived