Brewer Fanatic

Will Espn Carry Game 2 Sunday?

brewmann04

I've been wondering if this will be on Extra Innings or if it's blacked-out because of the ESPN Sunday Night.

I hope not, because if so, between that and the local Fox affiliate here showing the Mets-Braves instead for some Godforsaken reason tomorrow afternoon, I'll only get to see 2 of 4 of games in one of the bigger series of this year, grrrr.

(Although that may be for the best...)

According to the sunday newspaper the Brewers are on FSN tonight and the Cubs are on WGN. I'm not sure how this can be, I thought ESPN had exclusivity. Maybe there is an exemption for make-up games that were originally scheduled to be televised???

It really wouldn't surprise me if the Cubs-Astros game ended up on ESPN tonight.
That was my guess, as soon as the times for the Miller Park games were announced.

Interesting about the ESPN Radio. In Madison I could theoretically switch between 1070 and 1310 and get two radio viewpoints on the same game.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm not sure how this can be, I thought ESPN had exclusivity. Maybe there is an exemption for make-up games that were originally scheduled to be televised?

I think the rule allows for in-market telecasts but precludes these telecasts from being pumped out over Extra Innings.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I think the rule allows for in-market telecasts but precludes these telecasts from being pumped out over Extra Innings.

That's not my understanding of the rule. I thought it meant no local TV for those games, as it does for FOX on Saturday afternoons.

Then again, with how stupid MLB's television rules are, it's thoroughly possible I don't understand them. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

That's not my understanding of the rule.

All broadcast rules are as clear as mud. I do know that it's been recent practice for teams who typically play on Sunday nights (Rangers, Marlins) to be able to broadcast their games.

I see no WGN broadcast here in Milwaukee. I tuned in to check and found Newhart instead. I wouldn't be surprised if WGN were carrying the game in the Cubs' market, though.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived