Brewer Fanatic

Cubs / Astros to Play at Miller Park (Official: see replies 87ish to 92ish)

lcbj68c
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JJHardy7 wrote:

I'm beginning to think some fans are more sensitive about the booing now than the players are. Who would have thought?

That's because a few fans acting like idiots make all of us look bad.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

On the JS Blog in the game report it was said that the players union wants the neutral site to be Atlanta if the games have to be played outside of Houston.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Why is everyone so upset about this? Hello? People? We are not going to catch the Cubs. No, this would not be fair to Houston. But it would be to the advantage of the Brewers for the Astros to basically have home games taken away from them.

Some can see the basic issue of fairness to Houston, even though it would be an advantage to the Brewers to have them disadavantaged.

Patrick425 wrote:
We are not going to catch the Cubs.
Possibly, however, at the rate the Brewers have been playing, either the Phillies or the Astros could catch the Brewers.
Yeah..... that's what I'm trying to say.

Some can see the basic issue of fairness to Houston, even though it would be an advantage to the Brewers to have them disadavantaged.

Yes, I'm sure there would be a ton of outrage on this board if a Cubs home game was moved to the Houston area. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

I think people are letting there hatred of the Cubs get in the way of seeing what a good thing this would be for the Brewers. Both, from a revenue and Wild Card race standpoint.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

As I've thought about it a bit more, the comparison is somewhat like the Saints after Hurricane Katrina. Did the NFL try to play the home games for the Saints in Seattle or Green Bay or St. Louis? No, it was San Antonio and Baton Rouge, close to home. Southeast Texas has been hit pretty hard, and there needs to be some concern for having a legitimate "home" (or as close to home as you can get) game. If everyone is on board with Atlanta, then do it. Thankfully Minute Maid is OK, and doesn't need a whole lot of repair. The biggest questions are power and how many people would show up.

Press Release from the Cubs website.

I don't like the last game being played if necessary on the 29th in Houston, but I hope the Cubs can come up here with the home field advantage and take 2 from the Astros, that would really take the heat off of us a bit.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Houston either wanted to maximize their revenue or the Brewers wanted to gauge Cubs fans.
Both! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'm guessing the games still get 10-15K attendance.

Official announcement from the Brewers:

Holy cow! $25-$60 for this? You have to be kidding me. Marquee rates for this? Napes I say! Napes! Who's gonna go besides Cub fans now? $10 for a ticket and free parking would be good and draw folks to cheer for both teams. This is silly.

ASTROS-CUBS GAMES MOVED TO MILLER PARK DUE TO HURRICANE IKE

MILWAUKEE - With Hurricane Ike causing severe weather conditions throughout the Gulf Coast, Major League Baseball has moved two games between the Astros and Cubs to Miller Park. The series will include a single game tomorrow at 7:05 p.m. and another single game on Monday beginning at 1:05 p.m. The Astros will be the home team for both contests, which were originally scheduled to be played at Houston's Minute Maid Park.

"Major League Baseball made the decision to move these games to Miller Park and given the lack of other viable options, we will be ready to serve as hosts," said Brewers Executive Vice President - Business Operations Rick Schlesinger.

The Brewers also hosted a series displaced by weather last year with the Indians facing the Angels in three games April 10-12.

Tickets for both days will be priced at the Marquee Game rates, which range from $25 to $60, and seating will be sold in the Field and Loge Levels only. Tickets will go on sale at 9 p.m. CT tonight, and fans are strongly encouraged to avoid potentially long lines by going to brewers.com to purchase seats and select the "print at home" option. Tickets may also be purchased at the Miller Park Box Office beginning tomorrow at 9 a.m., but phone orders will not be available.

Gates to parking - which will cost $10 for General and $18 for Preferred per vehicle (no advance parking will be sold) - will open three hours prior to first pitch each day, while the ballpark will open to fans 90 minutes prior.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Are you kidding? 20K? This thing might sell out and i'm going to call that they put at least 35K in there.. I tried to buy some tickets and it said that it could not process due to high transaction volume. Crazy... I guess with Chicago so close they couldn't have cut prices.. Stinks for the fans.. good for Mark A's pocket book.

I would guess that a fair amount of Chicagoans buying tickets are getting both games and will just get a hotel for the night. I expect thousands of calls in sick Monday morning.

I wonder if they'll open up Club and Terrace level if demand hits, or if they just won't have staff to support it and won't be able to.

good for Mark A's pocket book

I'm betting it's mostly the Houston Astros' pocket book, which would be as it should be.

Exactly. Any $ the Brewers receive is probably just enough to cover their expenses (employees, utilities, etc...). I doubt anyone in Milwaukee is making much if any money from this.

Anybody else going? It's expensive, but it's a novelty, so I decided to go Monday.

If anyone wants to witness this bizarre sight, tomorrow night's game will be on WGN. There's an enormous demand for these tickets -- actually a virtual waiting room!

Some are $140, right behind the screen.

Tiks are flying off the shelf. I would not dream of going at the marquee rate, but obviously, Cubs' fans will and are, I have already doubled my 6-7K guess...they might do 20K.

I could've had tickets between home and 1b dugout for $160 on the site.

No thanx, ordered 3 outfield log seats $35 each

Archived