Brewer Fanatic

Cubs / Astros to Play at Miller Park (Official: see replies 87ish to 92ish)

lcbj68c
These "Brewers sources" are awfully busy this evening.
Haudricort and Witrado are busy covering a Brewers game...wait a second.

By the way, McCalvey (the story appearing on Astros official site) is pretty much a Brewers source.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the Adam McCalvy link lcbj68c refers to:

Miller Park could host Cubs-Astros set

I agree with Mark Loretta. This is a horrible idea all around. If the teams are going to play in Miller Park, they may as well play at Wrigley.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I've seen nothing on this report and completely doubt it's validity. Down here in Chicago, they said nothing would be announced until Saturday afternoon at the earliest.
Ha, Nice. My integrity is taking a hit. I apologize to all, I made it up out of thin air. I had nothing better to do. Brewers discussion is boring with the rainout and all and I wanted to watch a real playoff contender in Milwaukee this weekend. Mr. Briggs, I'm sorry I wasted the time you took to read this thread. Please don't come back tomorrow with a different tune and offer any insight as to the series being moved, what you think it offers to MLB or the clubs in particular, or the fans of these teams and baseball. Just stick with the one-liners about what you believe/doubt about me and my integrity, because it was obvious it greatly contributed to the content here at Brewerfan.net.

In the mean time, I'll go ahead and add another dimension to the conversation that I am interested in how this also affects the pitching matchups for the Brewers/Cubs for next week. I haven't yet heard if they are just playing two and will wait and schedule the 3rd game for Sept. 29th should it be neccessary, or whether we will see a doubleheader? If so, 3 games in two days with no off day makes the starting pitching quite a mess and an overhaul from what they might have been planing to throw against the Brewers.

How can I possibly question your integrity when I don't know who you are? Maybe next time you have inside information you might want to reveal how you got it? You posted something with no reference at all. As has been noted it was published earlier in the day that MP was not an option.

So you were right. Good for you.

How can I possibly question your integrity when I don't know who you are? Maybe next time you have inside information you might want to reveal how you got it? You posted something with no reference at all. Now I assume you either are employed at MP, by the Brewers or are related to someone. Would that have been that tough to reveal?
He's said several times on this board that he works at Miller Park.

Just leave the last five words of the first sentence out perhaps? If I had an internet reference, I would've posted one. I didn't feel it appropriate to post telephone numbers, addresses, email addresses, fax numbers or any of the such so that you could go and verify and feel better about it. I thought that would be extremely unprofessional. When I posted, I had assumed it was already on Jsonline and was waiting for a link and am still waiting so that I can edit my post. Alas, it was club information and not yet public, I'm sorry you don't have a media source with which to verify. I'm sorry that you completely doubt it's validity and will continue to do so. I'm sorry that I was so offended by your rhetoric that I responded in the way I did.

How can I possibly question your integrity when I don't know who you are? Maybe next time you have inside information you might want to reveal how you got it? You posted something with no reference at all. Now I assume you either are employed at MP, by the Brewers or are related to someone. Would that have been that tough to reveal?
He's said several times on this board that he works at Miller Park.

Who reads every post? How hard would it have been to mention this when more than one poster asked him for a source? Especially concerning a story where it is certainly relevant.

Just leave the last five words of the first sentence out perhaps? If I had an internet reference, I would've posted one. I didn't feel it appropriate to post telephone numbers, addresses, email addresses, fax numbers or any of the such so that you could go and verify and feel better about it. I thought that would be extremely unprofessional. When I posted, I had assumed it was already on Jsonline and was waiting for a link and am still waiting so that I can edit my post. Alas, it was club information and not yet public, I'm sorry you don't have a media source with which to verify. I'm sorry that you completely doubt it's validity and will continue to do so. I'm sorry that I was so offended by your rhetoric that I responded in the way I did.

lcbj68c,

When I originally expressed my doubts, I was paying no attention to who the poster was. I doubted the story not the person posting it because I had read that MP was unavailable in the earlier story. I just figured it was a rumor. Had I intended to question your integrity I would have quoted your post or referred to you by your handle. I did neither. I just figured you heard a rumor.

If you want to take issue with any of my posts, feel free to do so, but in responding to mine, you just made a general rip. Look I'll admit some of my posts aren't that great but many are very well thought out and presented if I do say so myself.

The real question that I have is: since when did Miller Park turn into the Major League Baseball Civic Auditorium and Convention Center that is the open-arms ambassador for baseball's good will whenever teams need a stadium on short notice?

By the way, next season can we change one of our summer series against, oh, I don't know, the Marlins or somebody, to Wrigley Field? I'd love to see our fans able to invade a division rival's ballpark for a series.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

If you want to take issue with any of my posts, feel free to do so, but in responding to mine, you just made a general rip. Look I'll admit some of my posts aren't that great but many are very well thought out and presented if I do say so myself.
I'll also apologize for being snarky. As a former law enforcement officer, I hate it when my integrity is questioned as it is the basis for everything I stand for and have worked hard to build. I didn't intend for it to be inside information persay. I honestly thought it was recently reported to the press and was just getting a thread started with the intention of posting a link once I went and looked for one. I kept looking for one as well but didn't find one. What was I supposed to say. "Well I heard it from John Doe who heard it from Jane Doe who heard it from Mark Attanasio? Of course, not the way it happened, but you get the drift. Again, I didn't anticipate it not being already confirmed or shortly thereafter confirmed by the press and again, I apologize. I honestly just wanted to generate some discussion on something that is going to be very instrumental to the story of 2008 Milwaukee Brewers season and MLB.

That said, if the Astros are at home, I dont see how they are going to be able to board flights tomorrow? Maybe Sunday morning, but that would be equally rough. This could perhaps really derail the momentum.

I can confirm the reports of the Cubs/Astros playing at miller park. I work for the Brewers, and my boss called me this evening to see if i'd be able to work. They are playing what we believe to be a day game on sunday, and a doubleheader on monday. The times are still TBA.

That said, if the Astros are at home, I dont see how they are going to be able to board flights tomorrow? Maybe Sunday morning, but that would be equally rough. This could perhaps really derail the momentum.
There's the million dollar question. There is going to be devastation throughout the greater Houston area, power will be lost, and massive flooding will be all over. Even though the storm will be moving quite fast out of here, there's going to be a lot of things to go through and deal with. I don't see how the team will be able to #1, get out of Houston, and #2, not have to be dealing with the devastation of their places of residence in Houston, and possibly even if there's any damage to Minute Maid. Plus it's quite silly to put the game at MP and do you call that a "home" game for the Astros? I realize that Arlington is out of the question, as there's currently tropical storm warnings for the DFW area right now. But, come on.

I can confirm the reports of the Cubs/Astros playing at miller park. I work for the Brewers, and my boss called me this evening to see if i'd be able to work. They are playing what we believe to be a day game on sunday, and a doubleheader on monday. The times are still TBA.

From your avatar, looks like you work for our grounds crew. If that's the case and you can beat on Brent for the visiting dugout, use that trusty rake of yours and get some trippage in some where.

From your avatar, looks like you work for our grounds crew. If that's the case and you can beat on Brent for the visiting dugout, use that trusty rake of yours and get some trippage in some where.

Yes, as a matter of fact I do work for the grounds crew. I'll see what I can do with that trusty rake of mine.

I realize that Arlington is out of the question, as there's currently tropical storm warnings for the DFW area right now. But, come on.
Arlington is definitely out of the question, always has been, but I agree that these players families come first and their first responsibilities are to their families and their homes. Not enough is going to be able to be accomplished by sunday morning, let alone Saturday night. Yet, they couldn't leave early because it is my opinion that they should be at home with their families or wherever they evacuated to.

The options are very limited. With rain in just about every area of the country for Sunday/Monday (the teams dont have anymore off days with which to work in 3 games), you have to use a domed stadium, no question, you just can't take the risk of rain. There are 6 and those are Safeco (Seattle), Chase Field (Arizona), Miller Park (Milwaukee), Rogers Centre (Toronto), Metrodome (Minn), and Tropicana (Tampa). Eliminate D-Backs & Rays due to home games of their own and that leaves you with Seattle, Milwaukee, Minneapolis and Canada. Now you can eliminate the Metrodome because the Vikings will be playing the Colts. Qwest Field is hosting the Seahawks/49ers, so perhaps the hotels are booked up and that is a long way to go anyways. Now that leaves Milwaukee and Canda. My guess is that the Rodgers Centre would be eliminated due to the travel logistics. The Cubs and D-backs dont have a series in Canada this year and perhaps travel visas/passports would not be in order quickly enough? When it comes right down to it, Milwaukee for reasons right or wrong coubld be the best choice.

If the Astros don't raise absolute hell about this there is something wrong. This would in essence be a Cubs home series. The Cubs get 25,000 people at Miller Park against the Brewers, they will definitly sell out the place no doubt about it. I imagine the delay in announcing where the series may be played is that MLB is trying to figure out somewhere the series can be played besides Milwaukee because of the home-field advantage the Cubs would get.

If the Astros don't raise absolute hell about this there is something wrong. This would in essence be a Cubs home series. The Cubs get 25,000 people at Miller Park against the Brewers, they will definitly sell out the place no doubt about it. I imagine the delay in announcing where the series may be played is that MLB is trying to figure out somewhere the series can be played besides Milwaukee because of the home-field advantage the Cubs would get.
Things are too far in motion at Miller Park to back out now. I'd imagine the delay is for allowing the fans, players, athletes, coaches, etc worry about the natural disaster and not where they'll play 3 games of 162.

I'd say that saying 3 games of 162 is an understatement at this point in the season. With respect to the natural disaster that is going on in TX, there are major playoff implications in this decision(which also means lots of $$$ in MLB's eyes), which I hope would mean that MLB is going to make a decision that is the fairest for baseball. The Cubs playing the Astros at Miller Park would be a travesty. Move the games to somewhere that at least would not give the supposed away team a "homefield" advantage.

How did people survive 50 yrs ago? Fox, or whomever, can't wait three/two extra days in October? Yes they can, they already include silly, off travel days. This is panic over nothing, there is no way Houston should have to play these games in Milwaukee, any one who knows anything about the details knows this would be Houston giving up three crucial home games to play at Chicago.

Why don't they just not let fans in the games if they are played in Miller Park? This should negate any home field advantage for the Cubs. Both teams have played in Florida this year so they have experience playing in an empty stadium.

You'd think that the Player's Union would let them play the games in a AAA stadium somewhere. They should have 20-some to choose from.

Why don't they just not let fans in the games if they are played in Miller Park? This should negate any home field advantage for the Cubs.
Revenue. I image the Astros will get a larger percentage than the Cubs. The brewers probably will get something to cover expenses.

Archived