Brewer Fanatic

Cubs / Astros to Play at Miller Park (Official: see replies 87ish to 92ish)

lcbj68c

Sunday & Monday. Makes sense, though these are now home games for the Cubs. Can the Brewers get any more breaks? You know if Selig had a hand in this, the playoffs could be tainted in some way, in the minds of some?

Come out and cheer the Cubs? Not sure how ticket sales or anything is being handled, but the games will be played at Miller Park.

(edit: updated title --1992)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If this is true its a complete disgrace. If its not bad enough for the astros that they cant play these games at home, playing at Milwaukee is essentially giving the home field advantage to the cubs. This is completely unfair and if i was an Astros fan I would be livid.

I would have to agree with that. Any predictions on whether the rooting interest will help the series exceed the turnstill numbers produced by Cleveland fans last year?

Front page of brewers.com sez miller park is "not an option" in an article

Quote from article.

"Initially, the first thing we heard was the Cubs wanted us to fly to Milwaukee to play," said Astros infielder Mark Loretta, a prominent member of the Players Association and a former Brewer. "We didn't think was a very good idea to try to evacuate our families and take off and leave them behind. That was quickly nixed."

Besides, Loretta said, "Milwaukee's kind of a home game for them, isn't it?"

Conflicting reports, no?

if lcbj68c reports it I believe it. I was only pointing out that an earlier story made it sound like there was no chance.

I believe the astros are gonna be bent about this.

All you dweebs who think it's a "right" to boo; get out there this weekend and for once have a negative impact on a team you want to lose.

wow, if this is true and ticket prices are "dirt cheap" like the Angels-Indians games, it's going to be 95% Cubs fans, 4.5% Brewers fans booing, and 0.5% Astros fans.

Ridiculous.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I've seen nothing on this report and completely doubt it's validity. Down here in Chicago, they said nothing would be announced until Saturday afternoon at the earliest.
Ha, Nice. My integrity is taking a hit. I apologize to all, I made it up out of thin air. I had nothing better to do. Brewers discussion is boring with the rainout and all and I wanted to watch a real playoff contender in Milwaukee this weekend. Mr. Briggs, I'm sorry I wasted the time you took to read this thread. Please don't come back tomorrow with a different tune and offer any insight as to the series being moved, what you think it offers to MLB or the clubs in particular, or the fans of these teams and baseball. Just stick with the one-liners about what you believe/doubt about me and my integrity, because it was obvious it greatly contributed to the content here at Brewerfan.net.

In the mean time, I'll go ahead and add another dimension to the conversation that I am interested in how this also affects the pitching matchups for the Brewers/Cubs for next week. I haven't yet heard if they are just playing two and will wait and schedule the 3rd game for Sept. 29th should it be neccessary, or whether we will see a doubleheader? If so, 3 games in two days with no off day makes the starting pitching quite a mess and an overhaul from what they might have been planing to throw against the Brewers.

wow, if this is true and ticket prices are "dirt cheap" like the Angels-Indians games, it's going to be 95% Cubs fans, 4.5% Brewers fans booing, and 0.5% Astros fans.

I dont know why, but this made me laugh...i think the idea of people going to MP just to boo at both the teams. Would it be wrong to root for injuries?

I remember going to the first of the Cleveland-Anaheim games, and I got really good tickets....like 4th row just to the first base side of homeplate. My roommate spent like $60 on beer for himself that night, and he was just ripping into Gary Matthews.....it was so funny because you knew Matthews could hear him. He kept calling Matthews "Gary Math-juice"

Archived