Brewer Fanatic

9/12/08 Brewers (Parra) at Phillies (Hamels): Postponed

wibadgers23

It's raining pretty good here in Philly. My crew is already scrambling to rearrange tailgating plans. We'll see if the game gets rained out or not.

If it does get rained out, I suppose it would mean an extra day of rest for Hamels. But more importantly (and annoyingly), it would be the second Brewers road game I've attended this year that was canceled because of rain. There's really something to be said about the roof at Miller Park (even though it's not perfect).

While it would have been nice to win last night, we still only need a split here. Take 2 of the next 3 and we're fine. Manny is due for a good start and our offense is due to break out. No better time than the present, let's do it!
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

While it would have been nice to win last night, we still only need a split here. Take 2 of the next 3 and we're fine. Manny is due for a good start and our offense is due to break out. No better time than the present, let's do it!
I'd be happy with just one win this weekend. If we need the split and don't get a win tonight, we're looking at a slippery slope.

Hopefully Hamels gets left in for one batter too many like the last time we saw him.

Back in April, I remembering posting in this forum about how the Dave Bush-Cole Hamels matchup certainly didn't favor the Brewers on paper. But they played the game and won.

Come on, Brewers. You can be heroes, just for one game.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I heard that Yost told BA that Sabathia would NOT pitch Monday in the event of a postponement.

I don't know the specifics, but there's a chance there'd be no TV coverage for the second half of the DH on Sunday.

It's too bad that we just can't skip these games altogether.

handicourt said in his blog that the second or third hand info he had said the game would be made up as a double header on Sunday. I like the Monday option better because CC can go in this series then.

Trenni mentioned that the Brewers and the Players Association have to give approval for a Monday game as the Brewers will have played 20 straight days. And yes as the previous poster said Trenni reported CC wouldn't pitch if they played on Monday as Yost wanted him to pitch in the Cubs series.

The frustrating thing is the Astros, Cubs and, it appears possibly the Cardinals aren't playing either.
Yeah there are quite a few games in a delay now and they're showing the Red Sox-Blue Jays on ESPN now and it's raining there. They're already playing a doubleheader in Boston tomorrow so I think they're trying hard to get this game in tonight.

handicourt said in his blog that the second or third hand info he had said the game would be made up as a double header on Sunday. I like the Monday option better because CC can go in this series then.

Trenni mentioned that the Brewers and the Players Association have to give approval for a Monday game as the Brewers will have played 20 straight days. And yes as the previous poster said Trenni reported CC wouldn't pitch if they played on Monday as Yost wanted him to pitch in the Cubs series.

I like having CC having an extra day of rest. If that wasn't the case, Yost prefering CC pitching against the Cubs instead of the Phillies is just idiotic. We're in a battle for our lives to make the wildcard. A division title is just a very far-fetched bonus.

Archived