Brewer Fanatic

05/23/2006 Brewers (Eveland) @ Cincinatti (Ramirez) 6:05 PM

bigjase
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it just me, or do umpires really pull the trigger on ejecting people real quick? It seems that every time a player or coach disagrees with anything, they're immediately ejected.

Boy. Your team's been getting beat up and needs your leadership, you got a young kid on the mound who you need to keep an eye on, and you get yourself ejected in the first inning ... between half innings ... about something as meaningless as the home plate ump's reaction to how Brady leaned into a pitch?

Does that make sense? I'm baffled. I want to hear the post-game reaction from Ned today.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Boy. Your team's been getting beat up and needs your leadership, you got a young kid on the mound who you need to keep an eye on, and you get yourself ejected in the first inning ... between half innings ... about something as meaningless as the home plate ump's reaction to how Brady leaned into a pitch?

I couldn't disagree more. Stand up for your players and get them fired up. Hopefully it works...

I see your guys' point about Ned "sticking up" for a player and "firing up" the team, but I just think he probably blew the situation out of proportion to invent a "fire up" situation. It just didn't feel right. I'd rather have him on the bench tonight.

Again, I'll be real interested to hear Ned's comments. Maybe it was 100% warranted.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I was worried that the inning was going to end with Carlos Lee at the plate.

It's good that Lee proved me wrong, and that Fielder hit a pretty, pretty double.

Hopefully Eveland keeps pitching well and the Brewers keep showing up at the plate.

Archived