Brewer Fanatic

05/23/2006 Brewers (Eveland) @ Cincinatti (Ramirez) 6:05 PM

bigjase

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9iby4EQdXNEf5IAJymjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=14e1t3hfq/EXP=1148503696/**http%3A//us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060513/capt.e5366a625924424389c620b410635823.mets_brewers_baseball_wimg102.jpg

Dana Eveland

Vs.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9iby4KTdXNENP8AWaajzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=14er1n6od/EXP=1148503827/**http%3A//us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060513/capt.4ac0cf5649b04d858f9f5ce7bfaf47cb.phillies_reds_baseball_csb104.jpg

Elizardo Ramírez

Time for the Brewers to wake up the bats. I think Eveland pitches well enough to keep us in it, and we win it on a Weeks HR in the 8th.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could. You would think there'd be no way another guy would "pull a Hendrickson" (Haudricourt's words) again in a Brewers uniform for 10 years, and it only took two days. It can always get worse - look at the Royals.

That said, I expect a nice start for Not-so-Heavy-Anymore D tonight.

What is the key to this game?

I'm going to go out on a limb here (har-har) and say that we're going to have to light up the Reds' staff. It's time to go on a scoring binge because that's always a good idea against the Reds' pitching.

I also don't see Eveland pitching very well. If he can go six innings and give up five runs or fewer, I'll be singing his praises come tomorrow. Then, as long as Demaria and Lehr don't come in (and Lehr getting DFA'd means he can't - we're halfway there!), we have a good chance to clean up when the Cincy pen comes in.

I know Eveland hasn't been pitching up to his potential, and in his two starts this year, he's kept the Brewers atleast close enough to make a game of it (9-8 loss, and 5-4 win).

more importantly, he's gone over 5 innings in each, and that is the #1 thing the Brewers need from him right now. Any more pressure on the weak spots in the bullpen, and Melvin will have to keep grabbing guys out of nowhere.

I think he'll throw a good game tonight. No perfect game, no 15 strikeouts... but I think the Brewers will be within striking distance when he leavs in the 6th or 7th.

(hopefully i don't have to eat my own words later tonight)

I, on the other hand, hope that I do have to eat my words. That's the nice thing about saying negative stuff - you feel good when you're completely wrong.

For example, were I to say, "I hate Geoff Jenkins and want him to die because he strikes out 1/3 of the time and I know he'll strike out in every at-bat tonight," and then Jenkins were to go 4-4 with a home run, a double and six RBIs, I would be overjoyed about being wrong.

(For the record, I don't hate Geoff Jenkins. I like him quite a bit, and I don't even want the players I hate to die.)

Still no Miller.

Milwaukee Cincinnati --------- ---------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- 2B Weeks, Rickie 4 12 .293 SS Lopez, Felipe 5 18 .303 CF Clark, Brady 1 9 .265 2B Phillips, Brandon 4 31 .308 RF Jenkins, Geoff 7 30 .273 CF Griffey, Ken 5 21 .244 LF Lee, Carlos 15 39 .273 1B Aurilia, Rich 6 14 .267 1B Fielder, Prince 8 24 .323 LF Dunn, Adam 16 31 .231 SS Hall, Bill 10 21 .293 RF Kearns, Austin 9 29 .290 3B Koskie, Corey 5 17 .288 3B Encarnacion, Edwin 6 29 .263 C Moeller, Chad 2 5 .265 C LaRue, Jason 3 8 .233 P Eveland, Dana (0-0, 8.44) P Ramirez, Elizardo (1-3, 3.38) 

If we can get out of the first inning without giving up more then 3 runs, I would be overjoyed. We have not been pitching well lately, so it's about time for it to turn the other way, right? Bueller?

Some of us as fans, myself included, tend to be really jaded and cynical about players. Then you see how genuinely thrilled Joe Winkelsas is to be in the bigs on the pregame show, and that kind of goes away a little bit. What an unbelievable story he has.

well, just when you thought that win against the twins would stop the bleeding, Bush pulls a Hendrickson and all of a sudden things look bleak... for this series anyway..

not too much else to say but let's go out there and win one today. teams HAVE won with bad pitching before, why not us? why not the team with the most homeruns in baseball playing in one of the most homerun happy parks in baseball?

let's do it!

Archived