Brewer Fanatic

So...you're Ned...whatta ya do?

DWadeMU3
http://www.baseball-reference.com/c/camermi01.shtml

Those are terrific postseason #'s and he didn't do much for San Diego who folded like the Vikes last year.

Yeah your right.

I mean those numbers are horrible. I mean look at those postseason numbers compared to Weeks,Hardy,Braun,Fielder,Hall and Hart... O Wait...

You want to bench our best hitter over the past month because he is not a "big game player". Who also brings above avg. defense. Who would you rather play? Kapler? Gwynn?

Im sorry but it makes no sense at all to me. And sorry if im sounding "snarky" about it. im not. Cameron has been doing great for us this year.

Seriously, I think that Yost should go Billy Martin and draw the lineup out of a hat tomorrow. Maybe that would spark something.

The thin bench is really coming back to bite this team. Outside of maybe Durham or Rivera is there anybody off that bench that you feel confident about getting a pinch hit? You can't even bench an ice-cold starter on this team because anyone who would replace him is virtually an automatic out.

You play your best players and hope they start hitting.

Is that what's actually happening though? Is Weeks better than Durham? I'm also not convinced that Gamel wouldn't be able to hit better than Hall and Counsell for a few games, and provide a spark to the offense. And I'm not so sure that it's a given that Kendall is that much more effective than Rivera. I mean, Kendall is 34-years-old, and is starting day games following 4.5 hour night games in September. Rivera is fresh and can actually get some extra base hits.

It's time to try something to inject some life into the offense...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/c/camermi01.shtml

Those are terrific postseason #'s and he didn't do much for San Diego who folded like the Vikes last year.

I have trouble caring about 79 ABs, especially when a majority of them were 7-8 years ago. Plus, it's not like we have any True Yankees on the bench, aside from Counsell.

Criticize someone other than Manny Parra. Send Bill Hall back to Mississippi. Use Counsel only situational. Play Durham, not Weeks. Pinch hit for some of these vets that are struggling (especially Kendall). Quit worrying so much about keeping an even keel. These guys are grown men making a lot of money and have pressure to perform all the time. They've played in front of big crowds all year and they've had several big series. Quit babying them.

Weeks is hitting .300 with a .417 OBP in September so I don't think his hitting has been a big problem in September. Corey Hart on the other hand has been steadily disappearing since May. I don't want to see his sub .300 OBP in lead off.

I don't know what Cameron has to do to make people see he is having a pretty good year, espescially for a CFer. He's been one of the few brightspots during the second half.

I really think that Mark Attanasio needs to get involved. He needs to let these guys know that unless they start winning, his son's band will be playing in the clubhouse before and after games. If that doesn't lead to a winning streak, nothing will.

i keep expecting a big inning to come along and snap them out of this. but then a sharp hit ball goes right at someone for a double play or you get cameron and hall to strike out back to back to end the rally. i was hoping princes hr last night would open the flood gates...

i am all for trying something else right about now. as mentioned earlier, why not give rivera a start? I am not saying that kendall is the problem, but how many times has rivera provided a spark this year.

give gamel a start? at this point I would even trade an error or 2 for some kind of spark on offense. they say hitting is contagious so do what it takes to get something going. this dude is our best minor league hitter (granted at AA), but let him do his thing. what about Dillion?? i'm sure escobar can play 3rd. anything to help that black hole that has been 3b.

I really can't see blame ned for this mess Yes he did his share thru the year but the players are not producing at all and they need to be held accountable for this mess of loust baseball so far in September.
I can....Why can everyone else notice that our team needs to score some more runs SOMEHOW! If you see that your team isn't hitting the HR's....ya gotta win anyway you can until the bats get hot...that means BUNTING with Cameron when you have guys on 1st and 2nd and 0 outs.... That means telling your players to go opposite field and not go yard. JUST GET A BAT ON THE BALL....ya see what Kapler does? I'm pretty sure any of those 'talented' players can work the count and go opposite field rather than swing at sliders in the dirt....

Come on Ned....I definitely put 55% of the blame on Ned and 45% blame on the players. Ya gotta be able to put your players in the position to win....AND NED JUST AIN'T DOING THAT!

(edit: excessive punctuation --1992)

I can....Why can everyone else notice that our team needs to score some more runs SOMEHOW! If you see that your team isn't hitting the HR's....ya gotta win anyway you can until the bats get hot...that means BUNTING with Cameron when you have guys on 1st and 2nd and 0 outs.... That means telling your players to go opposite field and not go yard. JUST GET A BAT ON THE BALL...I definitely put 55% of the blame on Ned and 45% blame on the players. Ya gotta be able to put your players in the position to win....AND NED JUST AIN'T DOING THAT!
I agree. He needs to start taking the Willie Mays Hayes approach and make every hitter not named Fielder or Braun do 20 push-ups on the spot every time they make an out with an upper cut swing or by trying to pull the ball. Why Rickie Weeks does attempt to bunt for a hit at least once per game is beyond me. It's the coaching staff's responsibility to keep these guys on track and performing. The home run or bust approach is obviously a disaster, so it's long overdue to get it in the hitters minds that they need to worry about simply putting the ball in play and trying to manufacturing runs. Yet they keep making the same bone head mistakes at the plate and on the base paths while Yost and Skaalen chew their cud and insist they need to just stay the course and things will work themselves out. That is not managing, that's blind faith in a flawed offense.

(edit: long nested quote --1992)

I really don't think there's much to do.

I agree that Rivera needs to play a bit more. It's just a fact that the season is long and everyone gets tired and needs rest. I don't buy he-man routine. Is that enough to make a difference? Doubt it.

The only extreme thing I would do is establish a kangaroo court. Anyone swinging at pitches "12 inches off the plate and in the dirt gets fined--100 bucks.

Anyone pulling outside pitches--that's 500 bucks!

Any first pitch pop ups--bingo, 1000 bucks!

This implies that a manager has no effect on the game whatsoever.

That may be closer to the truth than thinking he actually does make much difference. It is easier to see how the best players give the team the best chance than changing the batting order will. Managers make a difference in how the team prepares to play and how they play the game. That does have an effect on the outcome in the sense that well prepared players who play hard all the time should produce better results than the same players who are poorly prepared and lazy. That is different than how well the players play on any given day or in any given situation. That type of production is entirely up to the player and his ability.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I was talking about starting different players just to "shake up" the lineup. That's an act of desperation, IMO. Maybe if someone could predict when batters would go in an out of slumps, great. It just doesn't work that way, though.

At this point, we know who are the best overall hitters are. All you can do is start them and hope they begin hitting again. I know that doesn't satisfy the "Do Something!" crowd but sometimes there's just nothing to do.

Any first pitch pop ups--bingo, 1000 bucks!
Why fine for that? That means the batter likely got a first pitch fastball in a pretty hittable location and got under it just a hair. Unless it's 2 outs right after the pitcher batted (when you're supposed to take a pitch to give them time to get ready or something), I don't see how I could complain about our fastball hitting (normally) lineup taking a rip at one.

Archived