Brewer Fanatic

Kapler has torn shoulder muscle, done in the field this season

trwi7

http://blogs.jsonline.com...r-not-giving-up-hope.aspx

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

"My goal is to come back and play at full capacity, and do everything," said Kapler, an always positive person who looks for the best-case scenario. "I believe in my ability to heal fast.

"As related to injuries I've had in the past, I'm not letting anybody tell me I can't do anything. I believe I can come back and throw. All I've been told is I can come back and contribute at some point this season. I certainly feel I'll contribute and play again this season and in the playoffs."

I think that means we'll be seeing more PH opportunities for Tony Gwynn Jr., who becomes the 4th outfielder by default.

Luckily, if he starts, he'll bat wherever the LF, CF, or RF bats. Then everyone is on the same page & doesn't get confused. I just hope bork is right about the PH pecking order. As much Nelson, Durham, Lamb, Dillon, & Rivera as possible, please.

latissimus dorsi, we meet again...

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

I didn't like the Gabe Gross trade when it happened, and I really don't like it now.

Thirded. I really hope Josh Butler was worth giving Gross away for nothing this season.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

This injury just shows how wacky and unpredictable baseball can be

Who would have thunk prior to the season that fans would have reason to be bummed out that in mid-September Gabe Kapler got injured?

I kept thinking after his early hot start, that Gabe would regress quite a bit to where i'd question why he was still on the team, but man was i wrong. The guy just played good solid all around baseball the whole year whenever called upon to play.

I just hope bork is right about the PH pecking order. As much Nelson, Durham, Lamb, Dillon, & Rivera as possible, please.
Except Nelson and Lamb are LH hitters. For RH PH you've got Dillion who hasn't done much this year, Rivera who never plays, and then the recent call-ups (Salome, Rottino, and Escobar) And Hall when he's not starting.

I still have a lot of faith in Joe Dillon as a PH. For all his struggles, his OBP is right around .340 for the small sample of this season. But thanks for refining my point... I should have taken the handed-ness into consideration. To that end, Yost was using Kapler to PH v. RHP this season, even though that was more common with just the 25-man roster.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived