Brewer Fanatic

Upcoming Brewer games in HD - none anytime soon!

2hoophead

According to my information, printed out earlier this season, there is NO games telecast in HD versus the Philly or Chicago upcoming series!

Nothing again until returning home again on 9/23 against Pittsburgh (series)

Unbelievable

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

lcbj68c...if you have an HD tv, and you don't see what the fuss is about, there is a definite possibility that you do not have your television hooked up to an HD source correctly. I don't wear glasses, but when I watch standard definition programming now, I feel like I need them, because everything is blurry. I don't want to come across as snotty, but I just don't want you to be missing out on the HD experience.

Actually, Saturday's game against the Phillies will be on Fox, and in HD, I believe.
OHP -

Good catch. I forgot about that one.

If it is on Fox network, for example CH6 in Milwaukee, it will be in HD. My gripe, actually, is with FSN WI.

EDIT: I agree with BrewCrewIn2004 with his above post

No, I already got those fixed. Maybe I'm just too picky and analytical to see what all the fuss is about. The final score is the same, the experience is the same. Maybe it's the fact that it is a projection screen and not plasma or whatever I am seeing in the stores.

a small percentage of homes have HDTV. at one point i remember seeing something like 10%...i am sure it is a little higher now.

people who have them are way ahead of the television industry. they are catching up though. all 2009 games on FSN will be in HD.

while it does suck, those with HD are way ahead of the curve.

The point of this thread start, with help from OglivieHomePerm, is that the ONLY games left in the regular season that are to be shown in High Definition is the Pittsburgh series! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Incredible!

Let's keep this thread from being moved to the Off Topic category...

For an HD feed hooked up using component cables (red, blue, green) that is HD but you must set your HD cable or satellite box to 16:9 output and your tv settings must match. Also, if there are composite cables [(Audio:red, white) Video yellow] make sure that your tv is set to the proper Input as well and not taking the SD feed instead. These are all common mistakes that keep people from watching what they are paying for, HD! There is a massive difference in both picture and audio as the audio levels in particular will be much different when you go from the SD feed to the HD feed. For visual difference, look at the graphics on screen, SD will stretch and often cut off graphics or move bugs to the far corner of the screen and make them bigger.

No, I already got those fixed. Maybe I'm just too picky and analytical to see what all the fuss is about. The final score is the same, the experience is the same. Maybe it's the fact that it is a projection screen and not plasma or whatever I am seeing in the stores.
I have a five year old Mitsubishi 48" rear projection type TV, and the difference between FSN in HD and the standard feed is no contest at all. The sound is also MUCH better (I do have a surround sound system). It really shouldn't come down to needing an LCD or plasma TV...any HD TV should show you a much better picture with an HD source than a standard definition source.

I do think it's a shame that most of the remaining games will not be in HD. I assume it is simply a lack of HD trucks and cameras for FSN as a whole.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

From a TV Week Article in March 2008;

Earlier this year, Understanding & Solutions Ltd. published further research that showed while high-definition sets were in 34% of U.S. homes at the end of 2007, only 21% of those homes were receiving HD programming. Similarly, in western Europe, 20% of the homes have HD-ready screens, but only 2% are receiving HD programming. But in Japan, where consumer education is pervasive, the percentage of homes with HD screens is identical to the percentage of homes receiving HD broadcasts, and soon to reach 50% of the marketplace.

--------------------------------------------

I would guess the percentage of home with HD capable TVs are approaching 40% given the price drops in the sets and more programming available compared to Dec. 2007. I know I hate watching sports in non HD (FSN WI in SD is terrible quality) it doesn't surprise me that not all Brewer games are in HD since being in a small market, with a smaller TV audience and budget put us at the end of the line. NESN (RedSox), and the Yankees just went all HD within the last couple years but at least we should be all HD next year. This year was a big improvement over the very limited number of games in HD last year.

Is NESN in Boston a Red Sox network? Like the YES Network in NY?

According to Wikipedia the Red Sox own 80% of NESN and the Bruins own the other 20%.

I just remember as a kid that NESN always carried the Red Sox games. Boy it is was nice having one of those big stainless steel dishes before everything became subscirption based or blacked out regionally. I was able to watch any baseball game or any NFL game live. I actually watched the NESN a lot and TSN a lot because it alway seemed like the Red Sox and Blue Jays played day games. I also became a Mets fan in the 80's because WOR out of New York carried all the Mets games (I loved Dr. K) with Ralph Kiner and Tim McCarver.

I have an HD tv and this just doesn't bother me for some reason. Often times I forgot to even look. After getting HD, I have yet to see what all the fuss is about. Maybe I need plasma or LCD to realize what I am missing.
I have to agree somewhat. I just purchased an HD LCD tv back in February. The only reason I purchased it was because one of our other TV's stopped working. Up until that time, everyone was telling me I had to have HD, you won't believe the difference. Before I purchased my HD I had been to friends houses that had HD and seen HD telecasts in bars and never really figured out what the big fuss was.

Yes, The HD picture is better, but some people act like they don't know what they did before it or like they have trouble watching shows not broadcast in HD. It really does not bother me that much to watch a game or show in standard format. The plot is still the same and the score the game, somehow doesn't change. The thing that bothers me, when watching a game in non-HD, is that I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth for my TV purchase. Other than that, I think the HD thing is overhyped a little.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I think a lot of it has to do with the size of your TV as well. You aren't going to notice as big of a difference when dealing with smaller TVs. I have a 56" TV and it is a huge difference in quality between SD and HD. It basically comes down to the fact that SD doesn't look good on a large TV and HD is capable of producing a very clean, crisp, life-like image even at that size.

Here's the deal when it comes to HD vs. SD. If you have a non-HD tv, just a regular one, the non HD broadcasts will look just fine. The tv was made to receive SD. However, when you have an HD TV and you are watching something that's not in HD, it looks AWFUL. And that's why us HD TV owners get a little "snobby" when it comes to what we watch. It's feast or famine. And i know you can swith the ratio so that it doesn't stretch it as much but i can't stand the bars on the sides with SD. Plus my TV isn't huge so it's harder to see that way...

By the way, National Geographic HD, Secret Yellowstone on right now. Awesome! Up next, Extreme Alaska. I'm lovin' it.

I have a 46" inch (I think? 47 -maybe?). Again yes, I agree, the picture is much better, but I don't have a need to see every blade of grass and "The Office" is just as funny in standard mode as it is in HD.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived