Brewer Fanatic

5/26/06 Brewers (Capuano) @ Phillies (Lidle) 6:05 PM CST

Mass Haas

Thanks for the commentary Greg.

It's always nice to get the point of view of someone who was at a road game. (Impressions of the ballpark, opposing fans, what the game looked and felt like in person, etc.)

On a side note, watching Fielder's game-winner, I got a kick out of watching him do a Riverdance style hop-step when he hit that ball. A funny thing to see, especially of a man his size.

Regarding Eveland/Hendrickson, Dana will definitely give us more of a chance than Matt, but with Dana's tendency to give up three-run home runs (and in that ballpark the chances of that are greater), I wouldn't be surprised if we find ourselves in a hole early on Sunday.

But hey, a little deficit never phases these guys, and with Madsen on the mound, we've got a chance. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really. He gives us a better chance than Ben did, but that's still not saying much. I don't see how someone who has an 8.22 ERA, and a WHIP of 2.02 is really doing much to help us win games. I mean, he doesn't eat up innings(longest outing has been 5.2 IP), he has a decent K/BB ratio, at best(17/9). He does have good stuff, he just isn't good enough yet. Maybe he is tipping his pitches or something.

Or maybe he's adjusting to having to step into the middle of a pennant race as a 22 year-old starting pitcher with only a month of AAA under his belt. I think it's a little unfair to judge the guy's value going forward based on what he's done for Milwaukee so far.

That said, you're right that he has been bad as a starter, and if he continues to be bad I think it will be fair to say the Brewers rushed him. I'm going to start a thread comparing him to Gavin Floyd.

Greg.

Best moment of the broadcast was when a pinch hitter came in who was making his ML debut at age 33. Powell said, "It took him 33 years to make it to the majors." Dude flies out. "and a whole lot shorter time to make it back to the bench."

Archived