Brewer Fanatic

5/26/06 Brewers (Capuano) @ Phillies (Lidle) 6:05 PM CST

Mass Haas

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MLB.com Preview

Quote:
Barring a postseason matchup, the Brewers and Phillies won't see each other again until 2007.

Okay, i know they're having a good year.. but that's getting kind of rediculous..

no way the Phillies get into the playoffs this year... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Are they REALLY throwing Madsen in the final game?

I now feel really good about this series. They may be a dangerous team to play after losing all those games.. but if Cappy can get us started off right, and Eveland can give us something to work with tomorrow. That last game is winnable.

i say again.. I LIKE THIS SERIES..

I really think the key to the series is tonight's game. Cappy taking game number one in their own park would be big, plus I am sick of this losing on the road stuff.

"Well that game was a big bowl of crap." - Brian

Milwaukee Philadelphia --------- ------------ Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- 2B Weeks, Rickie 4 12 .301 CF Victorino, Shane 2 10 .349 SS Hall, Bill 10 21 .279 2B Utley, Chase 9 30 .328 RF Jenkins, Geoff 7 30 .264 RF Abreu, Bobby 6 33 .276 LF Lee, Carlos 16 41 .275 LF Burrell, Pat 12 34 .281 1B Fielder, Prince 8 29 .322 1B Howard, Ryan 15 38 .295 3B Koskie, Corey 5 17 .302 SS Rollins, Jimmy 4 13 .237 C Miller, Damian 4 21 .307 3B Bell, David 4 18 .266 CF Clark, Brady 1 9 .271 C Ruiz, Carlos 0 1 .156 P Capuano, Chris (5-3, 2.78) P Lidle, Cory (4-4, 4.80)

Quote:
what is up with Carlos? I can't remember the last time he had a big hit.

He did just hit a monster two-run homer two days ago in the Brewers 6-2 win over the Reds.

But yeah, he is struggling a bit lately. I was personally a little surprised he swung at that first pitch. It seems that Carlos' forte is to take on the first pitch a lot. But that's probably just an incorrect perception on my part.

Archived