Brewer Fanatic

9/11/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Phillies (Moyer): 6:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mike Lamb here Ned seriously?? Has anyone heard Ned say anything at all about why he hasn't used Gamel??? To me, this is a spot you go with him. There's two outs, what is the worst that could happen??
I haven't heard anything officially, but you can bet it sounds something like:

"Lamby's veteran, and he's been in a lot of playoff races. He's the kind of gritty battler you want pinch-hitting in a close important game."

Gamel's lucky if he gets an AB in a 10-0 blowout. Ned's terrified to use the unproven guys anyway, let alone in a pennant chase.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Lidge has not blown a save all year?

How is this team not ahead of us in the W/C standings?

Because they hit like the Brewers (rely on the HR, tons of strikeouts, low OBP) and their starting pitching is quite a bit worse.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Typical Crew, both Hardy and Braun swing at pitches out of the zone to strike out. Well, this one is over(Lidge hasn't blown a save all year, he won't start tonight) and Hamels goes tomorrow. Not the way I was hoping this series would start out. I thought it was imperative they get the game tonight. Now I am deathly afraid of losing 3 of 4 or even getting the "S" word in this series now.

Oh yeah, did I mention the Astros and Cubs are both winning?? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Archived