Brewer Fanatic

9/11/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Phillies (Moyer): 6:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we split this series, we'll be ok.

Granted with Parra, Suppan, and Bush going the odds of that are less than 50%, but stranger things have happened. Nice to see Prince run into one and Rickie hit some balls hard. It feels like we haven't hit the ball hard consistently in about 2 weeks.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Reminds me of the Cubs' sweep, where we lost the first one with CC on the mound and I felt a creeping bad feeling in my stomach...

I'll be happy with 1 of 4, but I think a split is still possible. I think Manny can pull one out of his hat, and I like our chances Sunday.

They get swept and it would be disastrous. I don't know they can keep up with Philly and/or Houston with their schedules the rest of the way, and getting swept in key series against contenders like Chicago, the Mets and Philadelphia doesn't bode well for further success, bottom line.

Seriously, minus Sheets having the good stuff, I felt better about the game tonight than any game on that homestand. Let's get 'em tomorrow and everyone here can relax. I am also in the camp of be careful of the Astros. Now they have two days off for the Cubs, florida, pitt, cincinnati, and Atlanta. That's not really scary....

My apologies if this has been covered earlier in the thread. I just thought I would put out the career numbers of Cameron, Hall, and Kendall versus Brad Lidge.

Cameron ... 0-for-8, 6 K's

Hall ... 2-for-18, 10 K's

Kendall ... 1-for-9, 1 K

That's a combined 3-for-35. And 2-for-26 with 16 K's between Cameron and Hall. It reminds me of earlier this year when Cameron started against Randy Johnson -- he's 2-for-29 with 18 K's versus Randy, and yet Yost penciled him into the lineup.

At least Yost pinch hit Durham (3-for-5 lifetime v. Lidge) for Hall. But I was talking to someone during the 8th about these splits and how Yost has got to pinch hit for all three of these guys. I'm usually not hard on Yost, but this -- combined with the Counsell/Kendall duo facing Cordero twice in the 9th inning earlier this week -- it just boggles the mind. Do any of the other coaches communicate this information to Yost before the matchup comes up?

Archived