Brewer Fanatic

Brewers claim RP Todd Coffey, Laynce Nix DFAyed

jwill535

So, Dillard will get used before Coffey... RIGHT?! I feel like Tim should be calling in from the bullpen phone to the dugout at some point.

Maddux: Hello?
Dillard: Uh, yeah. Hi.
Maddux: Who is this?
Dillard: Um, this is Tim Dillard. I work for you.
Maddux: Oh, hey Tim.
Dillard: Can I talk to Ned?
Maddux: Hang on... he's just filling up his coffee.
Yost: Yeah? Who is this?
Dillard: Hey, skip, this is Tim Dillard. Just wanna to remind you that I can work some innings for you out of the bullpen. I think I can get some outs against righties.
Yost: Dillard? I thought it was DiFelice -- you'll get your innings, kid. Hang in there & just keep battling.
Dillard: No, no -- coach, this is Tim Dillard. Mark DiFelice is out here too, though. He could get some work vs. righties too.
Yost: Ah hell, now I have two 'D' last names to remember. Could you wear goggles or something so I can remember you?
Dillard: Actually, Gagne sports the goggles...
Yost: Right -- how about one of those titanium necklace thingies? I could call you Tim-tanium
Dillard: Ok, sure. Whatever lets me get out there & help the team win
Yost: Ok, kid. You just got yourself moved up in the pecking order. That Dillard kid got bumped down for ya.
Dillard: No -- coach, I'm Dillar--
Yost: Great! Just stay fresh out there kid. We might need you in the 15th inning!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

desperate times call for desperate measures . . . .

Not too excited about it. The sprinting in from the bullpen thing is something for the 90s (didn't a Brewer used to do that?) but it sure seems to tire him out, based on some of those numbers from the past.

Maybe the rest of the relievers will be motivated to pitch better after seeing Doug have to dig way into the cosmos to pull a fairly cruddy pitcher out of nowhere and put him in Milwaukee.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

So...What was everyone's favorite memory of the Nix era?

I was at the game where he hit his only Brewers homerun. September 1st, 2006 against Florida in the 9th inning off Joe Borowski. He hit one into right center field.

Nix has always been a favorite of mine. I have no idea why and won't even try to justify why. I was kind of hoping he would get enough time to show he could be a reserve OF next year. I guess that isn't in the cards. Oh well, so much for irrational love of a player.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

So...What was everyone's favorite memory of the Nix era?
Mine is from years ago in spring training. Watching him crush the ball as a Ranger and thinking that I was "scouting" a great prospect for my keeper computer baseball league team. Someone else got Nix so I traded a shortstop prospect for him that had repeated AA ball and had regressed. That shortstop, Hanley Ramirez was also supposedly "blocked".

From there Nix became my irrational "man crush" guy ......that was someday going to make it.

Now our bullpen will always be caffeinated!

I used to love facing Todd Coffey, but he can't be any worse than Julian Tavarez, or half of the other guys who have pitched this year, can he?

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I was going to say, I'm pretty sure I generally used to be pleased when Todd Coffey came in to face the Brewers.

I mean, if he doesn't have a bone spur in his elbow like good ol' Riske, maybe he'll be less vexing to watch.

If my media guide is any indication, it looks like Todd will be the first Brewers player to wear number 60 at the major league level.

And as for Laynce being desygnated for assygnment? All I can say is Y, oh Y?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived