Brewer Fanatic

Fringe on Fox

Menotti80
i enjoyed last night's episode. they are introducing way more questions than answers, and i dont know how i feel about that yet.

More questions than answers from J.J. Abrams? NO WAY http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I saw the first 3 episodes, have the latest one taped. Not sold on the show yet, because I couldn't care less about the main character.

In regards to the satellite photos, are they just randomly taking pictures of areas around Mass? How would they have pictures from different points in the day of that area. I realize that there probably are pics taking of the Boston area or any major city through out every day, but to be able to pull up a specific area in good detail like that seem highly unlikely. ?

Being a student in Digital Entertainment and Game Design, I've started getting into 3ds Max, and exploring some other 3d software. Without having seen the show, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it was probably CGI. It's amazing how much you can do with those programs... especially if you have the budget that studios have to get kick butt computers to up the poly counts and the number of objects you can work with before your computer pukes, as well as 100+ computer render farms.

Add to that, the city names are just subtitled on. Except for big cities with distinctive buildings (NYC with the Empire state building, etc.) that are immediately recognizable, it's not like anyone is going to know whether that's really what that city looks like from over head. So long as the environment looks similar to what people expect of the area, no one is going to call them on it.

I'm on the fence about this show. I had hopes for it, and I'll give it a bit longer. I'm glad last week's episode finally didn't circle around Massive Dynamic being behind everything. However, so far every episode has had the father's past experiments being involved somehow with current events. I'm fine with those two things being overarching, but every single episode takes the fun out of it. Had the X-Files spent every episode on the conspiracy, it would have gotten old quick.

We'll see what tonight's episode does.

I am all for the past coming back to haunt them but does anyone find the fact that this one man with the help of one colleague came up with all of these experiments ranging from one scientific field to another. I can suspend reality a bit to believe that he is this advanced mentally, but to be the top of his field in several fields, which he would have to be in order to be able to have done what he did, seems pretty far fetched.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

interesting episode...

a few questions/observations:

- why did nina sharp kiss the FBI boss dude?

- how did nobody suspect that charlie = shape-shifter creature????? they made it too obvious for the viewer not to anticipate that (especially after several shots to the back didn't harm the creature)

- i am leery of this new fbi woman. i think they are just bringing her in to make peter torn between olivia and her...

The kiss was easily the biggest curve ball of the premiere. We'll see I guess, but that seemed an odd move.

Agreed about the Charlie twist, way to obvious, and it will be disappointing that nobody else picks up on this right away. They knew they were chasing a freaking shape-shifter for crying out loud.

Those two things I felt were pretty weak, but overall I was glad to have Fringe back.

It was also interesting that they did the hat-tip to the X-Files in the opening act, as the entire episode had X-Files undertones to it. Shape-shifting super-soldiers. Fighting to keep Fringe from being shut-down. Olivia fighting for her life in a hospital, leaving Peter to carry the load to try to save her.

The typewriter thing was wicked cool.

Archived