Brewer Fanatic

9/10/08 Reds (Arroyo) at Brewers (Sabathia): 1:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23

If I am Mark A I am fuming mad I picked up the (what? $3,000,000) tab to call up 8 minor leaguers that aren't used.

Yost needed to send a message... give these guys a mental slap in the face before the biggest series in 26 years. Trot this out there and let the MLB guys think about the last nine games:

TGJ - CF

Escobar - SS

hell, Weeks (belongs in this group) - 2B

Gamel - 3B

Rivera - C

Dillon - LF

Nelson - 1B

Nix - RF

Sabathia - P

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really does feel like an enormous dude just punched me in the stomach. It's been building but this might be the final straw. Jerry Hairston of all people hits a HR, we can't get a hit for our lives (or score a run for that matter) and all we seem to hear is the same bs from Yost every night.

This season is on the verge of being over here people. The last week has literally sucked the life right out of me. Of course that could all change if we came back to win here, but let's be honest, just about everyone suspects this game was over the moment the ball cleared the fence.

select sept splits

Player H/AB SLUG AVG OPS

Hart 7/36 .250 .194 .487

Fielder 5/30 .200 .167 .432

Braun 9/33 .333 .273 .701

heres a fun one for comparison

pujols 8/26 .846 .308 1.284

our 3-4-5 added slug % = .783 only 75 percent points below pujols

I feel like the chicken that gets it butted kicked on Family Guy.

Ormaybe we know what it feels like to be a Cubs fan. So close and yet so far.

Its not so much that we are in the midst of blowing our first playoff appearance in a billion years, it is that this year was our best shot and we might have to wait another 10 just to get this close again. Come Brewers just come back and win so I feel better

Archived