Brewer Fanatic

Man's Big Mac Obsession - What is with you Wisconsinites?

Mass Haas

I think this guy was featured in that "Supersize Me" movie -- If it is the same guy -- he is a 110 lb looking hippy dude -- (He probably isn't that skinny, but IIRC he wasn't a tub of lard either)

What's with you people?

I think when McD's had those 2 for 2$ promotions a few years back, I may have eaten 23K in a month.

From the article:

The correctional-institution employee says he doesn't care when people call his Big Mac obsession crazy. He says he's in love with the burgers, which are the highlights of his days.

As much as I want to make fun of the guy, it just seems too sad to do so. . .

Let's just say: I also like Big Macs, but I don't think I like them as much as he does.

I used to be in love with the Big Mac but it seems to have lost its luster. I would rather go with the double cheeseburger, double quarter pounder, or a Whopper. I don't know why anyone would want to eat the same thing day after day after day. Don't you want a little variety in your life. Talk about a dull routine. To frame your life around a fast food burger is a little delusion.

in two Big Macs: 1,080 calories, 90% DV fat, 102% saturated fat and 86% sodium intake.

and that assumes he rarely gets the coke and fries like he says, not to mention whatever his third meal of the day is.

maybe mcdonalds should pay him a salary and stipulate that he has to exercise every day, since a heart attack or whatever from him isn't exactly good advertising. subway does that with their spokesman. there's a stipulation in his contract that if he hits a certain weight again, he's dropped.

This guy sat in front of me at a Brewers game either last year or 2 years ago. The guy next to me pointed him out, or I would have had no idea. I probably wouldn't have believed the guy next to me, but he was in the news at that time as well (maybe because of the movie Supersize Me, I'm not sure), but I had just read an article on him. He was a crazy, hippy looking dude, that's for sure.

YES!!!!! I've recognized this guy in my section a couple times a month at brewers games all season. I knew I recognized him, but I couldn't put a finger on it. Now I know.

The family next to me often brings McDonalds into the game with him. I wonder if he's jealous.

He's definitely a big brewers fan.

I also wonder if the McDonalds he regulars too just gives him a free big mac sometimes, or a soda, or whatever. I can't imagine how much he's spent over the years eating garbage. With just one week off of his Big Mac spendings he could check out the Best Wisconsin Restaraunt thread, and maybe, just maybe it would change his life.

Community Moderator
I don't think there's any secret to it. He says in the video that about 90% of his solid diet is Big Macs. He rarely gets the fries or soda. Two Big Macs equals out to 104% of a daily fat intake, 90% of sodium, and 1180 calories. Add in a few snacks and it's not a high calorie diet, as long as you don't eat much of anything else. It certainly isn't anywhere near ideal, but I see why it works. I do love Big Macs but I only have 2-3 per year because of the nutritional content--maybe I should reconsider.

I was inspired to have a Big Mac combo for lunch today. I was taken aback by how salty the meat tasted, and how terrific the secret sauce tasted.

Then about 30 minutes later, I was forced to the bathroom. I guess my body wasn't quite ready for all that muck.

Archived