Brewer Fanatic

9/9/08 Reds (Ramirez) at Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game threads are almost impossible to post in these days without getting the urge to be a tad bit condescending. So many things make me want to say "are you freaking serious??" but I'll just keep biting my tongue.

I don't really see how this past week could be considered a collapse when they've barely lost any ground, but I'm probably one of the few.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

It's a collapse because they have not seized on an opportunity to put this wild card away. They have "collapsed" by losing...after today...7 of 9 games (at home) and against not so stellar teams. It is a collapse because at the time of the year that hitting and timely pitching is an absolute necessity, they're barely getting more than one hit against AAA pitchers. I'm not the only one who sees the writing on the wall here especially when you see teams like the Mets, Phillies, and Astros playing like gangbusters right behind us.

I'm with you, crewcrazy. Yeah, it would be nice to have gone 6-2 on this homestand so far rather than the opposite. But the bottom line is we're still 3 games up with only 17 to go after tonight. For everybody moaning about the choke that's certain to happen, ask yourself this. Would you rather be 3 up with 17 to play or 3 down? As for all the pressure, why is the pressure on the Brewers so much more than that facing the Cubs, Mets, Phillies, and Cards right now??? Oh, it's because it's the same.

I'd be much more worried if this was the first time the bats went silent all year. They did around Boston, they did around the Cubs home series, everytime they've responded. They will again. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Dumb comment of the night from Rock: Crowd is quietest it's been in awhile. Well, what has the team done to get them off their hands?

As horrible as this team has been lately and as angry as they make me, I can't not watch.

Does that make me a true fan, a masochist, or both?

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived