Brewer Fanatic

5/28/06 Brewers (Eveland) @ Phillies (Madson)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i dunno if the brewers have the offense to comeback from 2 runs down http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

please for the love of god look first pitch hanging curve ball down the middle against this guy. he's thrown so many of those first pitch i've lost count.

nm madson is out. geary and his rubber arm are out there.

Quote:
Eveland is trying hard not to impress anyone.

What do you expect from the kid? He's the organizations 7th starter, filling in as the 4th starter. He gave up 4 runs in 5 innings. That's not bad. There are a lot of teams that would like that from their real 4th starter. You look at it as he could have given up a lot more runs, but he didn't. He gave up 4 runs, and it could very easily be a shut out right now.

Dana got into some jams, and didn't have great control. But he got outs when he needed them. So tell me... what do you expect of Eveland?

Quote:
what do you expect of Eveland?

Throw strikes, pitch to contact, make them beat him... instead of the other way around...

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

hahaha winkelsas loves the ganga.

EDIT:

Quote:
He gave up 4 runs in 5 innings. That's not bad. There are a lot of teams that would like that from their real 4th starter. You look at it as he could have given up a lot more runs, but he didn't. He gave up 4 runs, and it could very easily be a shut out right now.

Are you serious? There is not one team in major league baseball that thinks 4 runs in 5 innings is good from their 5th starter much less their 4th.

Not to mention the phillies did everything they could not to score runs (rollins first pitch swing with the bases load from dana walking and hitting batters, howard heading home on contact with 0 outs in the inning, abreu trying to steal a bag and getting thrown out).

Eveland is not major league ready. period.

Quote:
How did he beat himself today?

Seriously? How about walking and or hitting every batter and his mother.

EDIT: Imagine if this team hadn't been hitting the crap out of the ball. God, put someone out there who can throw a strike.

I have to disagree with you Sheets4HOF, he pitched a pretty solid game. He only gave up one hit during the first three innings. He nearly got out of a jam, but gave up a fluke hit to a pitcher. And then he gave up a HR to Howard (if that's something that isn't true of a ML pitcher, 11 other pitchers ought to be benched this month alone). Right before the homerun he struck out two straight.

You seem to dwell on one or two bad things, instead of noticeing that overall, he is a fluke play away from having a solid outing.

4 runs in 5 innings is a-ok in my book for a 4th starter, not to mention a 7th starter. especially with the brewers offense the way it is lately.

every game eveland is pitched in so far this year, he's left the brewers within striking distance.

Archived