Brewer Fanatic

9/8/08 Reds (Volquez) at Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a pathetic homestand.

We picked the wrong time for our offense to go in the deep freeze and our bullpen to completely fall apart at the seams.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I'd give you Kapler, but if you expect rookies to deliver, you're in for a rude awakening....then again what's the difference...I guess might at well go for it.

As opposed to crappy veterans who can't hit? At least you get a chance at a homer with those guys.

This september is starting to feel like august of last year.....They seemed to be focused on the Cubs for the past few months and haven't really considered their wild-card position. Now that they finally opened up a considerable lead in the wild-card race and they are clearly pressing once again. Either way, they haven't played this poorly since mid to late May...I know its tough to be optimistic after this one, especially when considering the Phillies final schedule ( complete cakewalk and majority at home), but we do still have a 3 game lead and if we come up big next week @ philly we can essentially secure a playoff spot.

9 pitches. Great job losers. I can't believe that idiot Yost let Counsell and Kendall bat.
No kidding. Does Ned think because Kendall hit his 2nd HR he might hit another one?

I don't care if Gamel, Nelson and Escobar are "rookies". I personally feel more confident in them getting a big hit then Counsell or Kendall.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I cant recall ever feeling so sad after a game. Oh there have been many where I've been steaming mad. But its hitting me. That feeling I had last year when they were eliminated......ok, a few games before they were mathematically eliminated. Its unfortunate that we are going to waste 2 of the years that we could have played deep into the playoffs. And no CC or Ben next year. And I dont even care about the Packers, so that doesnt cheer me up.

I hate to say it but this is setting up for a tremendously bad disappointment of a season. Acquiring CC was supposed to boost us to the promised land and while he has been northing short of spac-tacular (as Bill Schroeder would say), this team looks like a dud. The worst part is I could see this collapse take shape when they face the Phillies on the road and lose at least 3 of those 4. Mark my words, if this ends up being a cat and mouse game and we're the cat eventually, we're toast and so is Yost. Remember we do have to face the Cubs 6 more times and after the last 4 game set with them, I see nothing but doom and gloom.

I hate to say it but this is setting up for a tremendously bad disappointment of a season.
If you hate to say it, why have you been saying this pretty much all year?
Acquiring CC was supposed to boost us to the promised land and while he has been northing short of spac-tacular (as Bill Schroeder would say), this team looks like a dud.
Yes, for the past week. And for a few other weeks this year when we looked like the worst team in the division. We seem to have overcome those other weeks pretty well.
The worst part is I could see this collapse take shape when they face the Phillies on the road and lose at least 3 of those 4.
I may be drunk, but I'm not sure you can credit yourself for predicting a collapse you see in the future but hasn't actually happened yet.

Mark my words, if this ends up being a cat and mouse game and we're the cat eventually, we're toast and so is Yost. Remember we do have to face the Cubs 6 more times and after the last 4 game set with them, I see nothing but doom and gloom.
What's new?

Archived