Brewer Fanatic

If you could only have one CD...

pogokat
I'm thinking I should have voted for Radiohead's OK Computer instead of Ryan Adams. It's been criminally unvoted-for so far!

Yes, you should have. I'd even take Easy Tiger, 29, Cold Roses, Jacksonville City Nights, Gold, and Heartbreaker all over Love is Hell (which does have it's moments).

But there's still something to be said for not going with the obvious choice.

REM - Live on the Green tour from Orlando, FL, April 30th, 1989. Never "officially" released, but was broadcast as a part of the Saturday Night Concert Series on one of the old radio networks (I think Westward One or Westwood One, whatever it was). Bootlegs can be found on eBay.

A close second would be the BoDeans - Joe Dirt Car.

REM & the BoDeans - two of the very few bands that sound better live than in the studio IMO.

Built to Spill - Perfect From Now On
This inspired me to re-listen to this album for the 5th or 6th time because a lot of people whose opinion I respect really love this album, but it's never done much for me. Not much of Built to Spill's stuff has.

So, after re-listening to it... Velvet Waltz is a really good song, but I just don't hear the genius. Reminds me of a watered-down Modest Mouse. To each their own.

Yes, you should have. I'd even take Easy Tiger, 29, Cold Roses, Jacksonville City Nights, Gold, and Heartbreaker all over Love is Hell (which does have it's moments).

But there's still something to be said for not going with the obvious choice.

In all honesty, I think 29 is the weakest of Adams' albums. I just can't get into it, from start to finish. I do concede the point that everyone has their favorite Adams fix, but for some reason, Love Is Hell just hits me on all the right wavelengths.

Archived