Brewer Fanatic

Monday Night BFNet Top Viewing Priority?

Leinie Lodge
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Any true Brewers fan will be watching the Brewers. I am Jets fan and I was mostly watching the Brewers today until Billy Hall decided to make himself known. The Packers have had tons of success and this is just the first game while the Brewers are in a real playoff race for the second time since 82. Got to watch the Brewers.

I certainly don't mind anyone watching the Brewers tonight over the Packers. It is a personal choice that each person has to make on their own. But I think it's a bit over-the-top to say someone choosing to watch the Packers isn't a "true Brewer fan".

I've got two kids who are heavily involved in sports, and there are times when they are both scheduled to play at the same time. If I go to my son's game instead of my daughters, does that mean I'm not a "true fan" of my daughter?

There are two games being played tonight by two teams I love. They are both teams are playing historic and important games- the Brewers are going for their first playoff appearance since 1982, and the Packers are opening their season and have a new starting QB for the first time since 1992. I am choosing to watch the Packers live, not because I'm not a true Brewer fan, but because I choose to watch that game live and follow the Brewers some other way.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

I am choosing to watch the Packers live, not because I'm not a true Brewer fan, but because I choose to watch that game live and follow the Brewers some other way.

Plus, the drop-off in game enjoyment from watching on TV to following the game on the radio/internet, is smaller for baseball, in my opinion.

Whatever your choice, you have to admit that the night could end badly. I've asked the gf not to come over tonight to prepare in the event of calamity.

To a group of virulently opposed friends, I've been defending Thompson and Yost all summer with the "don't panic" oldies. Now, on a night like this, I am panicked, feeling weary and afraid, a Doubting Thomas of a fan.

Saves me Aaron Rodgers. Saves me Dave Bush. Before the $+%+ crows three times, I'll click to whichever entertainment is making my sports psyche feel better.

since I have very good seats I'm going to the Brewer game, and I'm going to try and not know what's going on in the Packer game which I'm recording. We'll see if I can pull this off (but I doubt it)
I am trying the same thing. Don't think it will work too well, but its worth a shot anyway.

I'm a huge Chicago Bear fan (how about that game last night?) and I will be watching the packer game with a bunch of my packer fan friends for two reasons:

1. They are angry at thompson and mccarthy about favre and I want to see rodgers fail to rub it in a little more.

2. I need a one day break from the Brewers.

Hopefully the bar I will be at will have both on though.

vikings 27, packers 13

I'm a huge Chicago Bear fan (how about that game last night?) and I will be watching the packer game with a bunch of my packer fan friends for two reasons:

1. They are angry at thompson and mccarthy about favre and I want to see rodgers fail to rub it in a little more.

Not to turn this into a Packers discussion, but I love this attitude. A lot of people forget that Favre wasn't all that stellar in his first couple seasons, either. Isn't it nice that here in Wisconsin in 2008, we have to debate which team is more important to watch in September, though? In so many years past, the Brewers were basically an afterthought by this point. Not anymore, and that's a great thing.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

since I have very good seats I'm going to the Brewer game, and I'm going to try and not know what's going on in the Packer game which I'm recording. We'll see if I can pull this off (but I doubt it)
I am trying the same thing. Don't think it will work too well, but its worth a shot anyway.

good luck, i'm sure they flash updates on the jumbotron and the game will be on select tv's in the concourse.

I'm not a Pack fan, but I really want to watch Rodgers' first start and particularly this game. I'm chapped because of a 4 PM PST start time...by the time I get home it'll be well into the second half. Having a football double-header on a weekday night is maddening.

Anyway, there'll be a lot of early evening channel-surfing.

I've had the two TV system for years:

1 47' LCD tv w/ HD

1 27' Flat screen

2 DirecTV boxes with ESPN's college gameplan and NFL Sunday ticket

It's great for the NCAA tournament, all football days and nights like tonight when I really want to watch 2 things.

I shocked by how few here have TIVO or a DVR

I'll watch the Packers while taping the Brewers game, then watch the Brewers and hopefully not seeing or hearing who had won the Brewers game

I have a feeling plenty of people have DVR's, it's just that most are interpreting the initial question as "Which game will you watch live?"

I disagree. The only proof I ned is from last season. Ask the Giants (NY) how the first two games of the season for them last year and go across town and ask the Mets how the last two weeks of their season turned up. Mathematically, of course one game in the football season if more important, but if you are looking at these games and adding the emotional element there is no choice. It's the Brewers. And I'm not a religious Favre follower so after the initial few plays, that drama will wear off.
That is differnt however because both those were both rare occurrences.

How many games do the Packers have left? 16

How many games do the Brewers have left? 19.

Plus you have to add in that its the Vikings we are playing as well.

So here is another question. What if the Brewers were playing the Cubs?

So the Brewers with a serious (and the best) shot at the making the playoffs in the last 26 years doesn't count as a rare occurrence? What is your definition of rare occurrence?

I disagree. The only proof I ned is from last season. Ask the Giants (NY) how the first two games of the season for them last year and go across town and ask the Mets how the last two weeks of their season turned up. Mathematically, of course one game in the football season if more important, but if you are looking at these games and adding the emotional element there is no choice. It's the Brewers. And I'm not a religious Favre follower so after the initial few plays, that drama will wear off.
That is differnt however because both those were both rare occurrences.

How many games do the Packers have left? 16

How many games do the Brewers have left? 19.

Plus you have to add in that its the Vikings we are playing as well.

So here is another question. What if the Brewers were playing the Cubs?

So the Brewers with a serious (and the best) shot at the making the playoffs in the last 26 years doesn't count as a rare occurrence? What is your definition of rare occurrence?

19 is more then 16. Football season is a race not a marathon. 1 night away wont kill ya.

1 night away wont kill ya.

Spending tonight with the Brewers was a mistake. I was flipping between the two games -- all of the good energy I felt from the Packer game completely disappeared when the Brewers (Torres) blew the game. Only twenty more games. I won't make the same mistake next Sunday.

Archived