Brewer Fanatic

Monday Night BFNet Top Viewing Priority?

Leinie Lodge
DVR for both games. Brewer game as soon as I get home and Packers following. Might make for a late Monday night and unproductive Tuesday. To all other Brewerfan teachers...would a full day of quizzes for my high schoolers be acceptable on Tuesday? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree. The only proof I ned is from last season. Ask the Giants (NY) how the first two games of the season for them last year and go across town and ask the Mets how the last two weeks of their season turned up. Mathematically, of course one game in the football season if more important, but if you are looking at these games and adding the emotional element there is no choice. It's the Brewers. And I'm not a religious Favre follower so after the initial few plays, that drama will wear off.

I disagree. The only proof I ned is from last season. Ask the Giants (NY) how the first two games of the season for them last year and go across town and ask the Mets how the last two weeks of their season turned up. Mathematically, of course one game in the football season if more important, but if you are looking at these games and adding the emotional element there is no choice. It's the Brewers. And I'm not a religious Favre follower so after the initial few plays, that drama will wear off.
That is differnt however because both those were both rare occurrences.

How many games do the Packers have left? 16

How many games do the Brewers have left? 19.

Plus you have to add in that its the Vikings we are playing as well.

So here is another question. What if the Brewers were playing the Cubs?

Flipping back and forth but this is the opener and the brewer game (sorry to say) is not as big of an event tonight. I'll be watching the crew during commercials and half time. Go Brewers, Go Packers. Even if CC was pitching I'd still have to favor the Packers.

I live in Atlanta and don't pay for baseball games on cable or the internet, so obviously I'm watching the Packers.

BUT, if I was in Milwaukee and had the chance to watch both, I'd still be watching the Packers. Why?

1) First game of the season.

2) Vikings.

3) Aaron Rodgers.

4) The Brewers have played 143+ games. I can take a Brewers watching break for one night.

5) While these last three weeks are important, this game will not make or break the season for the Brewers.

6) I can still follow the Brewers on the interwebs or radio.

7) The Brewers have not been playing well lately, so to expand on point (4), I may NEED a one night break from baseball.

If this was the final series of the season and the Brewers were still fighting for the playoffs, I'd watch the Brewers and record/listen to the Packers.

Summary: there's nothing wrong with opting for the excitement of Packers opening night against an arch rival at the dawn of a new QB era over the 144th Brewers game against a bad team when a win or loss won't change the Brewers' playoff standing. I've been a Brewers fan longer than I've been a Packers fan, for what it's worth. It's pretty amazing to see a few "holier than thou" Brewers fans in this thread.

Rodgers should be able to get his season ending injury over with by half, so you can watch both!
I'm not heavily invested in the Packers, and I'm not hoping for a major injury for them by any means...but that is funny.

datrain711, the Packers will surely be on at least half the TVs in the concourse, and the Brewers will probably post scores occasionally on the videoboard. Just a heads-up on how difficult it probably will be to avoid the Packer score.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Thank you TiVo...I'll watch the Pack, but speed through a half inning during each commercial set.

Fast forwarding through Billy Hall's at-bats is the only thing keeping me from throwing my remote through my TV.

you got it - I will watch all of both games with the DVR. though I may stop that if one game gets rather lopsided (like 5-0 in the 5th...)

Well, since the Packers kickoff at 6:00, you can watch the entire Packers game, plus the last hour of the Brewers game, without ever flipping the channel.

I did not even realize until yesterday that they were doing a 6 pm start (shows how casual my football fandom is). So I'll see the first hour of the Packers before the Brewers take priority. Which is nice, what with the Favreless drama and all. That is actually the most interesting thing about this season, will Rogers' and Favre's performances make the Packers front office look like dopes or not.

Maybe the Brewers should have arranged to have the Packers on their big screen starting at 6, I'm guessing it'll be one of the smallest crowds of the year in terms of actual bodies in the stands if not official attendance. Mondays are already likely the lowest attendance night, without a packer game.

Well Packer game starts at 6, Brewer game at 7. So I'll watch the first quarter without interruption. Then I will switch over to the Brewer game, get pissed off that Volquez is shutting us down and turn the Packer game back on. Once the Packers are winning 31-0 at halftime I will turn the Brewer game back only to realize we scored 7 runs in the 5th inning to take a 9-1 lead

I'll watch the first hour of the Packers and then switch to the Crew. I will flip over to the Packer game during commercials, but my primary focus will be on the Brewers.

I love the Packers, but I wouldn't care if they moved out of the state if it guaranteed that the Brewers would make the playoffs. Yes, I said it! I would sell the Packers if it meant the Crew finally broke into the postseason!

Archived