Brewer Fanatic

Monday Night BFNet Top Viewing Priority?

Leinie Lodge
Any true Brewers fan will be watching the Brewers. I am Jets fan and I was mostly watching the Brewers today until Billy Hall decided to make himself known. The Packers have had tons of success and this is just the first game while the Brewers are in a real playoff race for the second time since 82. Got to watch the Brewers.

I'm a true Brewer fan and I'll be watching the Packers and switching to Brewers at commercials.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I realize that most of you are probably bigger Packers fans than Brewers fans and thats cool but is one Packers game more important than the Brewers making the playoffs for the first time in 26 years. If the Brewers were as successful as the Packers and were a great franchise with championships and lots of playoff appearances I could see blowing off the Brewers but this team has had little to no success in 26 years. That is why I am hanging on every Brewers pitch.

I'm a much bigger Brewer fan than Packer fan, that has nothing to do with it. I've just watched/listened to something like 120 Brewer games this year and I've watched 0 packer games. I can still follow the Brewer game and cheer them on without watching it and I'll still be at the game in person on Tuesday.

I realize that most of you are probably bigger Packers fans than Brewers fans and thats cool but is one Packers game more important than the Brewers making the playoffs for the first time in 26 years

The Packers' game is game one out of only 16 on the year, while the Brewers' is 1 of 162. Adding in that you have the Packers playing against their biggest in-division competition, one of their biggest rivals, with Aaron Rodgers making his debut at QB, and the first game of the year, with the Brewers playing a team that's not a playoff contender and still going to have at worst a 2 game lead in the WC regardless of what happens tomorrow night makes the Packer game a much bigger draw for most fans of both teams, I'd think.

I'm actually going to change my vote. I'm going to watch the Packers game, DVR the Brewers game, look at the final score of the Brewers game and then decide if I'm going to watch the DVR'd Brewers game. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Lots of flipping like everyone (most everyone) else. I'll go with the game that is providing the most drama. Certainly to start, that will be the Pack. Since they start first, that will help the decision making.

Now, here is an interesting twist...If you could have a choice; Pack in the Super Bowl or The 'Crew in the WS?

If the Brewers were as successful as the Packers and were a great franchise with championships and lots of playoff appearances I could see blowing off the Brewers but this team has had little to no success in 26 years.

Your thought is 100% the wrong way IMO. If the Brewers would win, people would care...they haven't been to the playoffs in ages. I want them to get there and support them, but I'd much rather watch a winning franchise that has proven it can at least make the playoffs. Also, with the first post-Favre start, national television, etc. the Packers are much, much higher than one Brewers game -- at least if you like football.

Anyone that truly believes that the FIRST Packers game is more important then the ANY Brewers game at this point in the season has absolutely NO idea about baseball and the importance of Sept. Now if you don't WANT to watch the Brewers because they seem to crapping the bed worse then me when I was one, that's a different story and I can totally respect that. But don't say that the Brewers games are meaningless. P.S. I heard someone say at the game today that the Brewers should schedule their games around the Packers schedule. If that ever happened, I would quit being a Brewers fan!

I'll be watching the Brewers primarily and switching to the Packers during commercials and lulls in the action. This is as big a time of year as we've ever had for the Crew. Of course, if the Brewers play like they did today, it will be a moot point and I will be firmly glued to ESPN.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Im a Jets fan and was curious to watch Favres debut against Miami and Chad Pennington who I loved as a Jet but I watched the Brewers instead until Bill Hall ruined any chance we had of winning. I have been waiting too long to see this team in the playoffs to focus on any other teams right now. I do understand why most people in Wisconsin would rather watch the packers since they are a top notch franchise but I am a bigger fan of the Brewers than any other team I root for.

Anyone that truly believes that the FIRST Packers game is more important then the ANY Brewers game at this point in the season has absolutely NO idea about baseball and the importance of Sept.

I think that most people that follow baseball know that a game in September means the same as a game played any other month of the championship season. They would also understand that the first game of the season for the Packers is as important as a game played any other month during the regular season. It's really simple math.

I use to be Pack first, but certainly the last 10 years or so it's been baseball and the 'Crew. Packer games are events and I buy into the hype, but I love following baseball everyday and certainly this site has taken my fan-hood to a new level. I drink the Packer kool-aid too; but 'Crew #1.

I'm a Packer fan and Brewer fan equally, but tomorrow goes Packers, Weeds, Brewers, in that order.

I'll be following the Crew on Gameday and maybe flipping over during Packers commercials, but tomorrow is just too important of a night to not follow the Packers. + A break from the Brewers would probably be good for me.

I'll be at lambeau getting updates of the brewer game on the iphone. once the packer game over, boogie over to a watering hole and hope they have the brewer game on tv...

If I was at home I'd have the packer game on TV and the brewer game on the radio.

Archived