Brewer Fanatic

9/7/08 Padres (Young) at Brewers (Parra): 1:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bullox wrote:

4 posts in 6 minutes. Bravo.

Are you really that concerned with how many posts somebody has in a certain period of time? Looks like somebody needs to find something better to do with their time. If you were made the official message board post monitor, then my mistake. Otherwise, lame.

bullox wrote:

Are you really that concerned with how many posts somebody has in a certain period of time? Looks like somebody needs to find something better to do with their time. If you were made the official message board post monitor, then my mistake. Otherwise, lame.
That is what I was thinking.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

That was unnecessary. First, IGT's are generally allow more frequent posting than other threads as in-game action happens fast and by nature suggest more rapid posting. Second, it's not your job to regulate how often people post here, or comment on it in a condescending way either.

That was unnecessary. First, IGT's are generally allow more frequent posting than other threads as in-game action happens fast and by nature suggest more rapid posting. Second, it's not your job to regulate how often people post here, or comment on it in a condescending way either.

Thanks Peavey. I mean people always post a lot in small amounts of time in the IGT's. That's what it's for.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Just got home from the game. Needless to say, it was awesome to see Mat get his first hit. I had to practically beg my friends to stick around after we broke up the perfecto, but it was well worth it. As for the rest of the game...yikes.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

If you were made the official message board post monitor, then my mistake.
Pot meet kettle perhaps...

Lots of undies in a bunch after the loss today. Who really knows if I was being condescending or really admiring his postwhore prowess? I guess only me.

Pot meet kettle perhaps...

Lots of undies in a bunch after the loss today. Who really knows if I was being condescending or really admiring his postwhore prowess? I guess only me.

Regardless, your additional condescending response earned you a strike instead of the warning we were set to go with.

I'm determined to find something good to say about my time at the ballpark today.

The weather was great.

I was happy to meet mlccrispy34 and his wife (at least the Brewers split the games you saw), and to cross paths with bensheeps and his son.

The Corey Hart bobble more resembles the early-season shaggy Corey than the buzzcut Corey of recent months. This pleases me.

A really great added touch would have been to include some tiny Sharpie pens or press-on art, so fans could replicate Corey's tattoos if they so chose.

I was mildly entertained today by a fan a few rows in front of me, sporting some very faded Zubaz shorts in 1980s Brewers colors. That's some kind of old-school.

Gamel's hit was a sight for sore eyes. We'll be ready when you are, Mat.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Struggle to find a positive from the game today as well.

Hawing's "save" for my son and I might be the best thing and it happened 40+ minutes before the first pitch.

This was our last game on our 9pack, so now there has to be post-season baseball so this game is not the last taste in my mouth for the long winter months.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I've been going to games for 33 years and today's was the worst performance that I can recall. Wow, just in the crapper today. Oh well, it happens. Let's hope they shake it off.

I was amused to see a guy in a Mench shirt. My first thought was 'who ever thought buying a Mench shirt was a good idea'.

Good things: It was a beautiful day. Fans around us were great. Spent the day with my father, who's health isn't great, so there's nothing wrong with just hanging at Miller Park with him. Might never get the chance to do it again. We both enjoyed the atmosphere, which is always special.

I did leave as the ninth got underway, so I missed Mat's first hit. Urg.

I was at the game today and I reallllly wanted to see a perfect game. Once we went down by 10 I was hoping for something positive to come out of the game. Kapler's HR today had to be the first time I was disappointed to see a Brewer hit a HR. First the team completely deflates my enthusiasm by playing poorly and then once I start to get excited again they punch me in the gut again by hitting a HR. Gamel's first career hit is some small consolation I guess. That's the only positive I can take from the game, and it isn't much.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

The weather was definitely nice today.

I think that people were a little quick on the boo wagon again with booing Parra, Hall, and pretty much anyone other than JJ Hardy, who didn't do anything to help the 5 run inning with his own error. Hall's error was atrocious, but I think peoples hatred towards him is a bit much.

It was a disappointing game where we squandered another opportunity to gain ground on the Cubs, but at least the Phillies are currently losing. Gotta get 'em any way we can. The offense was once again pretty pathetic.

I did get a retro today though, so that was pretty sweet.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Ah, bensheeps, it's just lucky I thought to tuck a second plastic bag in with my things before we left the house. Years of experience. You can repay me with a retro bobble. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Ironically (touching on a comment by reillymcshane), part of my game day experience today was trading for a Kevin Mench signed ball. Kevin was my mother's favorite Brewer of 2007 and she has a Mench shirt as well.

This game was a stinker, but I can think of one worse one we attended: the blowout loss to the Dodgers in 2002 that featured Shawn Green's four-HR day. Glendon Rusch had managed to pitch the Brewers right out of the game within 10 minutes of the first pitch. At least Manny held it together a little longer today. Just my opinion.

Also, I understand logan's reasoning and would like to someday see a no-hitter or perfect game - just not at the Brewers' expense. The only "positive" I would have taken from a Chris Young no-hitter today would have been the possibility for it to wake the Brewers up (as last year's no-hitter did) and send them on a tear. So I was relieved to see the no-no broken up.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I think that people were a little quick on the boo wagon again with booing Parra, Hall, and pretty much anyone other than JJ Hardy, who didn't do anything to help the 5 run inning with his own error. Hall's error was atrocious, but I think peoples hatred towards him is a bit much.

Agreed (but I don't want to turn this into another "Is booing all right?" thread).

As we left, I reminded my son that any day at the ballpark is better than almost any day elsewhere. Others in our section certainly seemed in a foul mood almost from the beginning today.

Think my 3-year-old daughter had the best plan for the day as she fell asleep on my lap during the 2nd inning and slept until bottom of the fourth. Missed out on the 5-run inning and woke up ready to cheer all over again.

hawing wrote:

Also, I understand logan's reasoning and would like to someday see a no-hitter or perfect game - just not at the Brewers' expense. The only "positive" I would have taken from a Chris Young no-hitter today would have been the possibility for it to wake the Brewers up (as last year's no-hitter did) and send them on a tear. So I was relieved to see the no-no broken up.

I would much prefer to see a no-hitter/perfect game pitched by the Brewers rather than at the Brewers expense as well. When it got close though, I mean what are the odds of actually seeing one in person, especially if you don't go to a lot of games every year? My family, well the baseball fans, would just go nuts. My brother and I were trying to explain the significance of a perfect game to my oldest son(he's 11). It would be even better than the year my brother and I almost went to 27 straight innings of shutout baseball by the Brewers.(ended by a run in the 9th of a Sheets start)

Sorry, to go on and on, I am just thinking of how close I actually came to witnessing a perfect game and with little else to be excited about during today's game. By the way, a little disappointed that the Hart bobble is the same height as the other bobbles I have. I thought it should have been half a head taller. Only half kidding. I thought it would have been cool if he was taller than my other bobbles.

I blame Wang.

Did anyone else notice that every time Bill Hall touched the baseball after his error, the crowd had a collective gasp as if they were afraid he was going to commit another error/throw it away? I thought it was kind of funny, but sad at the same time.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Did anyone else notice that every time Bill Hall touched the baseball after his error, the crowd had a collective gasp as if they were afraid he was going to commit another error/throw it away?
He did throw another one away. Tough play on that one though. He tries to make plays when he should probably eat the ball. He also makes spectacular plays and misses routine ones. Very strong arm, but inaccurate.

I remembered another positive, Weeks and JJ turning a tough double play in the 8th. At least it looked pretty good with Weeks scooping to JJ and JJ making a good throw to 1st.

I blame Wang.

Archived