Brewer Fanatic

5/29/06 Brewers (Davis) @ Pirates (Duke) 6:05 PM CST

PNut33
I'm a huge Jenkins supporter and I'm not really saying this just because he's struggling at the plate right now, but I think it might be time to move Fielder into the 3 hole. He's more of a classic #3 hitter than Jenkins having more HR power and being able to hit lefties as well as righties. I've always considered him the #3 or #4 hitter of the future and he's looking really comfortable at the plate as well as in the field so I think the future should be now.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member
Quote:
While I applaud the enthusiasm, put down the blue kool aid.

Have we not had a huge number of come back wins this year? At the time he posted that, what was the score?

Quote:
Have we not had a huge number of come back wins this year? At the time he posted that, what was the score?

I believe the score was 8-2 at the time. I don't care how potent our offense is, I have no trust in our bullpen to hold anyone down no matter what the score. Let's face it, we're not gonna win any games when our starter leaves in the fourth inning since that means the bullpen will get plenty of action.

No one comments on Chris Mabeus' deer-in-the-headlights 8th inning, with at least a half-dozen Rick Ankiel-style backstop tosses?

LOL. Never saw it. I had the game off by that point. Had stuff to do. I hope it'll be on the news a little bit.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Archived