Brewer Fanatic

5/29/06 Brewers (Davis) @ Pirates (Duke) 6:05 PM CST

PNut33

Yost lets Davis bat in 4th inning after allowing 6 runs in 3 innings because:

A. Despite having 8 guys in the pen, he doesn't trust half of them to do their job and hold the Pirates where they are.

B. With only 3 non catchers on his bench, he's afraid he'll run out of pinch hitters by the 6th inning.

or

C. He trusted Davis would get a hit there and settle down and pitch shutout baseball the rest of the way.

Comon Ned, manage the team.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is starting to sound like a cub's fan in game thread. Relax gang, 1 game... many more to go.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I'm telling you, this series has "huge letdown" written all over it. I'm not saying we're going to get swept, but it wouldn't shock me. Capuano is usually a sure thing, but things happen -- that's probably be the game the bats don't show up. And with De La Rosa and Bush going the other days, really no telling what we'll see.

I don't think it will get that bad, but if we head back to Milwaukee on a 5 game losing streak and 2 under .500, it won't be the first time we went into Pittsburgh on a high and then disaster struck.

Verified Member
Prince is amazing. He gets extremely angry after striking out on a breaking ball with men on base the last time up so he decides to atone for it with a mammoth shot out of the park.

Archived