Brewer Fanatic

5/29/06 Brewers (Davis) @ Pirates (Duke) 6:05 PM CST

PNut33
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DD has 5 quality starts in 11 games. How is he a quality starter? And please don't mention the Brewers record when he pitches, its a pretty meaningless stat to me.

And how about Rickie, Yeehaw

They can't take him out right now, because that sends a message to the starters that "hey, don't worry, if you throw like garbage early in the game, the bullpen will always just bail you out." Davis' job is to throw a good game in the early innings. Taking him out isn't going to fix anything at this point.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Everyone that is glad that DD didn't get a big extension like was being tossed around here in the past raise their hand. Mines flying...

It would be great if he could find the plate once in a while...

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

20-25% of all starts by "normal pitchers" are considered disasters. Out of those games I don't know the number that are bad first innings but from my own anecdotal evidence I'd say its close to half of them. You simply cannot take out an established pitcher in the first inning in that situation. You have to hope he works out of it and goes on to post 3-4 more decent innings before reaching his pitch count.

That wasn't a bad at bat, so I'm not talking based on that, but can we start Hart against lefties, or at least not have Jenks batting #3 against lefties? It's like having a pitcher batting in the 3-spot whenever he goes up against a lefty. Literally.

It's all about that kid they interviewed from West Point, he's 1 and 6 at Brewer games this year! Sometimes people must realize they are a jinx! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

It's all about that kid they interviewed from West Point, he's 1 and 6 at Brewer games this year! Sometimes people must realize they are a jinx!

------------------------------------

No kidding....I have to admit when he said the Brewers don't win when he comes to the game, I thought to myself, "Well, stop going, for crying out loud!!!"

Double play kills a possible rally...(sigh)...

Should I be genuinely concerned that we could go into Pittsburgh, get swept in a 4 game series there, and have it be one of the major turning points of our season?? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

It's happened before...

"A .500 season this year would be a big disappointment."

Bill, thank you for saying it and putting a rest to the ".500 is fine for this team" talk.

On a sidenote, wouldn't mind seeing DD get pinch-hit for here -- but nope they're having him go.

And I know he's a pitcher but it bothered me a bit seeing him completely dog it down to 1st...don't know if anyone else noticed that, but he looked like he was out for a Sunday stroll running down to 1st.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

And I know he's a pitcher but it bothered me a bit seeing him completely dog it down to 1st...don't know if anyone else noticed that, but he looked like he was out for a Sunday stroll running down to 1st.

When he's the last out of the inning, I think most managers will actually prefer their pitchers not winding themselves by busting tail down the line on an easy grounder.

Anyone who thinks .500 is an acceptable season has lost it, end of story.

No one should be accepting of mediocrity. This team has the talent to at least contend for a WC spot, anything less is a disappointing season.

Archived