Brewer Fanatic

5/29/06 Brewers (Davis) @ Pirates (Duke) 6:05 PM CST

PNut33
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are no words to describe this 1st inning by Davis.

Sure there are... I just don't think typing them would be appropriate, and who wants to look at a bunch of asterisks and decipher them?

It's not over by any means, but our rotation is just very disappointing compared to expectations. There's just no excuse for Doug Davis having a 5+ ERA at this point in the season. It's almost June for crying out loud. If he hasn't figured it out by now, he hasn't instilled much confidence. I'm tired of seeing him walk 5+ guys a game and have it end up costing runs because he doesn't have enough confidence to go after guys and throw strikes.

Yost can't take him out. We can't kill the bullpen like that and that was a mixture of bad defense, bad luck and bad command but he didn't really deserve 5 runs there. Every day I thank the stars that we have Hardy coming back and we don't have to see Hall at SS full time because he just is not a good SS.

Like it or not this team will not succeed without Davis figuring out his command issues, I don't care if he's sitting at a 5.50 ERA at the all star break you pitch him every 5 days until he breaks out of it, just like the Twins did with Santana a couple years ago and just like the Astros with Pettitte this year.

I really don't understand why they don't just pull Davis here, but I imagine Ned has to take into consideration that DLR could be even worse tomorrow night, and asking Gonzalez to soak up 10 innings in two days may be too much.

Archived