Brewer Fanatic

Who gets the first start?

DHonks

Of our callups, who does everyone expect to get a start? My thought is that for a day game, perhaps Escobar gets the first start. While I'd like to see Gamel, Nelson, or Salome get a start, I think Escobar is first. It's also possible that Rottino could get a start at 3b or Catcher.

While the Brewers are up 4.5 games in the Wild Card, they're merely 4 back of the Cubs. Seeing as the Cubs face Harang tomorrow, there's a chance the Brewers could be up 6 in the Wild Card and be only 3 behind the Cubs at this time tomorrow night. When I figured they were likely to win the Wild Card by 4-5 games and finish 4-6 behind the Cubs, I thought it was likely we'd see a few starts by these guys.

I think Ned keeps all of them as pinch hitters/runners during the stretch run.

I don't think any of them will see a start until any playoff seedings are established.

Basically, I think they are here just to experience everything and contribute in non-critical situations.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Since J.J.'s shoulder issue, the Brewers have been pretty careful about giving him periodic days off. Unless Gwynn starts today (yuck), I'd say Escobar is likely to get the first start.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

This isn't the place for it but i always wondered why hurricaine or luis pena wasn't brought up to make it 40 players. I can relate it to the fact that I think a team can never have enough speed. Look now if Gwynn and Escobar start, who is the pinch runner late in the game if needed? I wondered about Stocker too.. Guys that are a "lock" to swipe an extra base are a premium especially in the stretch run.

my vote is .....gwynn as well.

Nelson possibly if Braun or Hart get a day off and the SP is a tough righty.

I guess I don't see that unless it's an emergency. I really like Nelson, but if games are on the line I don't see him in the OF. He needs a little more seasoning there to at least be average. If Nelson starts in a non-emergency situation I'd think it would be at 1B.

Archived