Brewer Fanatic

Winter Warm-Up

SnapFan1

I realize this is months away however I got the email for "presale" tickets yesterday and was wondering if anyone on here knew anything more about it. Here is what the email said:

"The Milwaukee Brewers and FSN Wisconsin invite you to Bob Uecker's Brewers Winter Warm-Up Event Friday, January 23, 2009 at the historic Riverside Theater in downtown Milwaukee. The evening will feature appearances by the 2009 Milwaukee Brewers, variety-style game shows with players and Brewers staff, comedy and appearances by very special surprise guests, all hosted by Milwaukee's own legend and Hall of Famer, Bob Uecker. Be the first to hear from your 2009 team, learn what's in store and check out a side of your favorite Brewers that you've never seen before!"

It sounds like they are changing it up again this year as the tickets (other than VIP tickets) are $29 whereas last year I believe they were $175. Will there be photo/autograph opportunities or do you suppose this is just something where will be spectators? Any insight would be great.

(cleaned up fonts --1992)

Wouldn't this be the first time this event was held somewhere other than MP? I am not familiar with the Riverside Theater but I'd imagine it would hold more people than the Metavante/.300 Club; and that would help account for the dramatically reduced ticket price.

I'd typically be a bit wary of putting up money when a January 23 blizzard could leave us out of luck, but otherwise it sounds appealing.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Doesnt sound like there will be any mingling with players. Thats what made last years event fun. Harldy anyone there paid much attention to the on-air interviews and festivities. I hope they do both or do a dinner like they used to.

Wouldn't this be the first time this event was held somewhere other than MP?

The annual "Diamond Dinner" was held at the Pfister hotel in the off season.

Archived