Brewer Fanatic

5/30/06 Brewers (de la Rosa) @ Pirates (Santos), 6:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still blame West Point Dude... end the jinx buddy!

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. It's one thing to lose to these bums, but it's another to get drilled 26-4 over two games.

I thought last night might have been a fluke, but now I fully expect to lose the next two games. We could have Roger Clemens going for us tomorrow and they'd score 10. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/sick.gif

Oooooof,

Picked the wrong time to see my first Brewer's road game in person.

They really looked bad, no life in them, body language of defeated men.

High lite of the night was the Polish sausage--grilled, with grilled peppers and onions on a great bakery bun. The rest was downhill.

Quote:
The last few years I thought not having an offense made following the team hard but I have to say a bad pitching staff is more frustrating then a bad offense.

Especially a bad pitching staff when the offense goes cold, or even colder than cold.

Whats colder than cold?

What's colder than cold?

Getting owned by a pitcher your team dumped because he sucked for you.

Though I admit, when the chat room discussion touched on that dreadful game with LA in May 2002 (featuring the Shawn Green dingerfest), I checked out the retrosheet box score and actually felt somewhat better.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote:
What's colder than cold?

Getting owned by a pitcher your team dumped because he sucked for you.

Sorry, the answer we were looking for was Ice Cold http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Watching a De la Rosa start must be like watching a Mark Rogers start. 3 IP, 7 H, 6 ER, 6 K.

To be fair to Jorge, he allowed 10 balls to be put into play and seven of them went for hits, which is an unusually high rate. He didn't pitch well today, but I think he was better than what his stat line shows. I think he did well enough to get another start.

If we don't win tomorrow the season is over. PERIOD. Doug Melvin obviously is a terrible GM since he hasn't been able to get us any good pitchers.I mean he is the idoit that gave that injury prone and very overrated pitcher Ben Sheets a multi-year deal, he had a bad history of signings in Texas and is doing the same here. We need to just get rid of that chump.

Also Rickie Weeks is a complete disaster in the field and I've finally had enough of him. He's proven to me that he is not major league material defensively and we all know defense wins championships. We need to just trade him for some pitching prospects and finally be rid of that head case, he obviously just doesn't care enough about winning to learn how to play defense.

In addition, I think we also need to fire Ned Yost. The team obviously isn't listening to him anymore and has quit on him. We need a real manager, a firery one like Pinella or Ozzie Guillen who has a winning attitude, someone who really has that "eye of the tiger." This team just doesn't have enough passion to win; we need a manager who isn't afraid to call out his players in public when they don't perform, someone who will hold them responsible when they're not performing. Ned just isn't that guy.

Don't even get me started on Geoff Jenkins, that guy is not a legitmate major league RF anymore. He's been awful on defense this year and does nothing but strike out. We need to dump his contract and use that money to re-sign Carlos. Carlos has proved that he is, by far, the more consistant player who doesn't go into horrible slumps like Jenkins. He's the kind of guy you can build your team around and we need him to stay.

Finally the pitching staff. What a complete bunch of chumps! Besides Cappy we have no one who would be on the roster of a playoff team. Does anyone here really think that a team like the Yankees or Red Sox would ever field a starting pitcher like Doug Davis? Davis has never been anything more than a career .500 pitcher and just doesn't have what it takes to get those big wins. The acqusition of Dave Bush has been a complete disaster. If Melvin wasn't such an idoit he would have traded for Arroyo who has already proven that he is a legitimate staff ace, a real winner. Wouldn't that be nice right now???

I'm just so disappointed in Melvin and really think its time to do an overhaul in the front office. We don't want to be a mediocre team like Texas who Melvin ran into the ground. I hold Doug completely responsible for not giving us a competitive pitching rotation, Dana Eveland and JDLR, c'mon those guys wouldn't be on a roster of any other major league roster, and the bullpen he's assembled just sucks. I hate to say it but its just terrible. Mevlin has over stayed his welcome and its time to go......

....Oh wait, its only May, our record is at .500, if we win the next two games we just had a .500 road trip, and we've lost our 1, 4, and 6 pitchers.

It was hard to watch last night's game. After the 3rd inning I listened to some music while at work. I couldn't bare another beating.

The bullpen really needs some work. If we don't get that straigtened out then we are in for a big losing season. The offense has been in hybernation that last few days.

I agree that Ned needs to do something (yell, lecture) because what he is doing now obviously isn't working.

This is the Pirates for Pete's sakes! The Brewers need to win these games if they want people to believe in them completely!

Archived