Brewer Fanatic

Authentic Jerseys $50-75! New with tags MLB/NBA/NHL/NFL

Playmaker13
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if any of you care, but I do...I was lied to, and I just wasted $50, what a joke...

Playmaker, I would really appreciate it if you could refund my money, otherwise, I will take other action, in which will not be good for you, or your shady bussiness...

STAY AWAY! and do not buy from this

I have no doubt in my mind that this is a fake authentic jersey, the fact that it came from hong kong gave it away...i will post pics of my hall jersey, with this piece of crap:

it is hard to tell unless you see it in person, but this thing is extremely light for what would be a game jersey, this thing is not even close to the size of my hall jersey, another 52, it is not the right material at all...the letters and numbers are also not like the hall jersey at all...they are not heavy weight, they are really light, and they look extremely cheap, here are some pictures:

this is faked pretty good, but some of the letters are different, the hall is the real one in front, and like i said before, it is hard to show on a camera, but you can tell the difference in material from the real numbers and letters, to the fake ones, big difference in quality
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg62/joebenson5/100_6135.jpg
Here is the other side: (you can kind of see the difference in the letters, the one in front are harder, while the fake one, are not as durable
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg62/joebenson5/100_6136.jpg

The back looks good right, not in the second photo, clearly different, this is very cheap, it is wrinkled, and looks not new at all (notice how the 8 is kind of bubbled? real jerseys are not like that when they are new, and authentic)

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg62/joebenson5/100_6137.jpg

and notice the difference here:
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg62/joebenson5/100_6139.jpg

I was pretty sure it was a fake as I have two authentic ones. Am I upset, meh. You get what you pay for and I knew it going in. The only question is how Playmaker makes on these fakes. I know there are sites you can order and buy these things at online for like $25. I am sure he is taking our money and putting in the orders, but that's capitalizm. What remains is what Plamaker is going to do about this.

I got one of mine today. It looks nice enough, and as Razzzor said you get what you pay for. I'm sure all the throwbacks I got from ebay are fakes, but 200+ is a lot for a shirt I'm gonna wear only a maybe dozen times a year.

I ordered 3 for 125. Got the Hardy one today, and am still waiting for my Nolan Ryan and Ryan Braun. The Hardy one looks pretty nice, but I could tell from other jerseys I've seen at stores that the material was a little off. I'm not overly upset by any means, because if something is too good to be true, it prolly is.

However, if you don't care if it's authentic and you can fool yer friends, by all means, get in there...shipping takes a bit of time though. If the other two don't show up (which I'm assuming they will by the weekend), then I'll be very unhappy, as the Hardy one came as a deal for buying the other two I wanted much more.

it has nothing to do with getting what you paid for, lying on here especially is not right, especially, when i asked to begin, in this post, if it was real, and he said yes, if you are ok with getting scammed, i guess you are ok with this jersey...

playmaker, please let me know, what i need to do to get my money back...

it has nothing to do with getting what you paid for, lying on here especially is not right, especially, when i asked to begin, in this post, if it was real, and he said yes

Good point. I guess I'm not gonna complain over it too much, even though playmaker is in the wrong, since MLB feels the need to charge 250 for a jersey that probably costs about 10 to make.

After getting a better chance to check out the jersey I recieved today, and examinging the pics BHF set up, I noticed that the Hardy's number on the front is in the wrong spot. For a player with double digit numbers the tens number should be under the "ER" area, and the ones should be under the RS.

On player jerseys who have individual numbers (ie 7), shouldn't that number be under the "ER" not the "RS?" Looks like BHF's Hall jersey has his 2 under the "ER"

I went to check at the Brewers pro shop just now to be sure, but they don't have any retros with numbers shown.

I'll try to post a picture in a bit, but now I'm irked. As I said, I don't care if it's a bootleg so much as long as it looks and fits right. But if the number is misplaced, I'm not satisfied.

This is pretty simple boys...as the old saying goes...

If its too good to be true...it probably is!

To those that are upset-

What exactly do you depend on doing? Taking him to small claims court? This is a highly civil matter and not a criminal issue. How are you going to prove that playmaker doesnt know the jerseys arent "authentic"? How do you know any jersey is "authentic" really? Good luck. Who would waste their time for $50.

I for one think the jersey looks pretty darn good. I will probably still purchase one. I wouldnt have it autographed but for $50 bucks, that is still a good deal.

Well guys I guess I am sorry if you are dissapointed...really don't want to get into a pissing match so I will leave it at that...I just order them through my uncle, he told me they were authentic jerseys. Apparently they aren't, but the ones I have gotten are good enough to fool most. If it takes that much inspection to prove it then it can't be that bad and you can't beat the price. I just get a cut from him based on how much I sell. Just wanted to put it on here so people could enjoy the jerseys, sorry if you are pissed/upset/etc. I will still be around though...

for those of you that say you get what you paid for, i don't understand that, or if it is too good to be true, that in no way makes it right, or ok?

if I am trading a Ryan Braun SS signed Ball to someone for a Matt Mieske SS signed ball, and I tell him it is a Rawling official major league ball in blue pen, and once he gets it he notices it is on a wal-mart ball in blue sharpie forged by me, that doesn't make it right...just because someone didn't give up a lot, or got a good deal, doesn't mean that they should be lied to or scammed...

For me, as a poor college student, $50 is kind of a lot, no I didn't have to spend it, but I asked to be sure this was real, because I didn't want to waste that money...this has nothing to do with the ridiculous prices mlb charges, it has to do with pure morals and values...i would never sell something, or trade something on here if i knew it was fake, i thought everyone else was the same way...in fact, I've had trades where something has arrived broken, or the other person wasn't happy, and we redid the deal, or i refunded them, or whatever...

i can't believe that some people are ok with this, this scammer lied, and cheated all of us...

Playmaker, can I please have my money back!

BHF, can you clarify about the numbers lining up incorectly on your jersey? when I put mine on, you can't even see the front number it's off to the side so far. I don't necissarily think playmaker was out to hustle anyone, it just happened that the quality we had expected wasn't there. as said, personally i don't mind if the material is a knock off, but the number on mine looks way off.

Maybe the Braun ones weren't messed up as far as number placement, I guess I don't know since mine hasn't arrived in the mail yet.

I realize these jersey's were advertised as authentic, and that is absolutely 100% wrong to do to fellow posters when they aren't.

I got one on ebay for $50 shipped, a bucs jersey, and I really didn't care because I wear it, not display it. No way I'm going to shell out $200 for a shirt to wear around and have the chance of it getting stained, etc... It was advertised as authentic, but in looking at the photos, I knew it wasn't, but it was a lot better quality than the screened cheap jerseys sold in stores. Everything was sewn on, it is/was very sweet, just not 100% authentic.

I hear ya BillyHallFan, it was wrong to advertise it as authentic, but calling him out in a rude manner on a public forum isn't gonna get the results you are looking for...

Letting the board know they were not true authentics is a good thing, getting disrespectful with the seller in public, not so much. Perhaps you would get better results via personal messages?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

BHF, can you clarify about the numbers lining up incorectly on your jersey? when I put mine on, you can't even see the front number it's off to the side so far. I don't necissarily think playmaker was out to hustle anyone, it just happened that the quality we had expected wasn't there. as said, personally i don't mind if the material is a knock off, but the number on mine looks way off.

Maybe the Braun ones weren't messed up as far as number placement, I guess I don't know since mine hasn't arrived in the mail yet.

actually, I think he knew they were not the real deal, so the fact he was out to hustle anyone is debatable, however, when you are buying something for that much of a discount, you have to realize there is risk involved...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I've thought about this, and I'm shutting the thread down and banning playmaker13. Here are the reasons:

- I have serious, serious doubts that these jerseys are licensed from MLB. As such, these would be illegal, and certainly isn't something I would want to promote here.

- The jerseys are advertised as "Authentic". If they would have been advertised as replicas or perhaps even as factory rejects, I might have felt differently.

Part of what I feel makes Brewerfan great is the level of trust that users have with each other. While I personally would have subscribed to a "too good to be true" philosophy on this one as a buyer, I feel that allowing these types of sales goes against the spirit of the site.

Bottom line, is if you're intentionally misleading people or pleading ignorance to things which are obvious to 95% of the users here, you're not welcome to conduct business here.

Archived