Brewer Fanatic

9/5/2008: Padres (Geer) at Brewers (Sabathia), 7:05pm CDT

thablingster
  • Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, sure but if you throw out a few bad outings and his ERA is OK. And by a few I mean like all but one or two. (Yes that's supposed to be in blue, but I'm too upset to bother).

"We're facing some playoff caliber hitters." http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

9-3 game? Throw him a full 9!

7-0 game? Throw him a full 9!

9-1 game? Throw him a full 9!

Up 2-1 in the midst of potentially horrific losing streak? Let Gagne protect the 1 run lead. oops, I mean, give up the lead.

Yost should be fired. Tonight.

Mindboggling, isn't it? How anyone can support Ned Yost and his horrible managing decisions is way beyond my comprehension. Then again, so is trying to comprehend how some people vote.

At this point it is funny to me, because Ned has been doing this every year he has been here. He has his guys, and he runs them all into the ground until it is completely obvious they can't get the job done.

Hopefully someone, anyone, can hit a solo home run because that's what we do best.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to just complain as I've lurked here a while in order to try and not be too much of a noob.

But, seriously, you can complain all you want about Gagne, but he's done this all year. Is he worth $10M? Of course not. But I don't blame him, I blame the guy that keeps throwing him out there in high pressure situations.

I mean, who didn't see this coming?

And I will never understand how you trot CC out there past the 7th in a 9-1 game against SF, but you yank him tonight, up 2-1 with a 4 game losing streak and facing Peavy tomorrow.

Yost should be fired, he is incompetent beyond belief.

I turned on the interwebs radio broadcast at the start of the inning (so yeah, it was probably my fault) to hear the crowd booing Gagne mercilessly before he even threw a pitch. I was about to come here and post how ridiculous that was, but then Gagne actually pitched.

Archived