Brewer Fanatic

5/31 Brewers (Cappy) @ Pirates (Snell)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Capuano is "entitled" to a few of these throughout the season - its just too bad he had to pick right now to have his first clunker of the year.

It also stings a little that the Brewers will finish May with a sub-.500 record. The team played well for the most part, its just hard to keep up an 85-88 win pace when your pitching staff implodes consistently over a 2-3 week period.

Edit: Turnbow? I'm all for getting the guy innings in non-save circumstances, but this is a little out there.

Time to clear out the bench tomorrow. Lee is loafing this week, Jenkins couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag and Miller looks ragged. Hart in LF, Gross in RF and (gasp) moeller behind the dish...something needs to change.
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

I honestly could see the Brewers completely owning the Pirates tomorrow afternoon. I'm talking huge.

Then everyone will be pumped for the homestand saying hey we're back at .500 and look how amazing this lineup is.

i realize this series is already a complete disaster... however:

1. We are still only 1 game under .500 and there is 3/4 of the season to go.

2. Eventually, Sheets and Helling WILL be back.

3. We are not exactly gunning for the worls series this year with our lack of experience on the defensive side of things.

It is for these three reasons that you CANNOT make any trigger happy desperation moves for better pitching. This is NOT the time to make a deal. Not when we have no leverage. You want to trade Carlos now? fine, but we're not going to get much back for him. We'll get a starting pitcher, but one that has already hit his mediocre ceiling.

We just need to ride this out.

Is this not a small sample?

I watched on and off during the game. No matter how bad they are doing I always check back in on them.

The Brewers are in a huge funk right now and where in the world did the offense go? 3 hits last night? Man oh man.

I am not very confident about today's game either. Let's see if Bush can turn his woes around.

Archived