Brewer Fanatic

5/31 Brewers (Cappy) @ Pirates (Snell)

Chris Capuano will take the mound tonight for Milwaukee for the 12th time. Cappy is Mr. Quality start, a large contrast from the now all too common 5 run first inning performances the pitching staff has been allowing. Did you know that Chris has struck out 64 while walking only 16?

Capuano has pitched at least six innings and surrendered three or fewer runs each time out -- making him 11-for-11 in "quality starts" -- and the Brewers are 7-4 when he pitches.

? Brewers starters have recorded just six quality starts in the last 22 games, four of those by Capuano. When a Brewers starter pitches at least seven innings, the team is 13-3.

? The Brewers continue to rank at or near the top of the National League in offensive categories, but their pitchers have surrendered at least five runs in five straight games and nine of the last 11. Opponents have scored in double-digits four times over the last 10 games.

? They have been outscored, 26-4, in the first two games of this series by the last-place Pirates, and the Brewers' team ERA has ballooned to 5.26, worst in the National League

Pitching matchup

MIL: LHP Chris Capuano (5-3, 2.88 ERA)

Capuano is just 1-3 with a 5.79 ERA in three career starts at PNC Park.

PIT: RHP Ian Snell (4-3, 5.98 ERA)

Snell leads the team in wins, and has been charged with three or fewer runs in five of his last seven starts.

Pirates right-hander Ian Snell will look to notch his fifth win in seven starts Wednesday when the Bucs host the Milwaukee Brewers at PNC Park.

Snell has rebounded nicely since beginning the season 0-2 with a 7.71 ERA through four starts and drawing the ire of manager Jim Tracy for his propensity to leave pitches over the middle of the plate after getting ahead of hitters. One of the keys for Snell during his recent stretch of success is that he no longer tries to rely on stuff alone to overpower hitters. Most importantly, he's learned to get by when he doesn't have his best stuff.

Game is televised on FSN north

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though Cappy has been outstanding this year the Pirates curse will be upon him. Let's just hope he's up to the challenge and continues to be our champion for the season. It no longer brings me joy to see Bush's spot in the rotation coming up.

"Well that game was a big bowl of crap." - Brian

Milwaukee Pittsburgh --------- ---------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- CF Clark, Brady 1 9 .287 CF Bautista, Jose 4 11 .246 2B Cirillo, Jeff 1 6 .393 SS Wilson, Jack 5 19 .312 RF Jenkins, Geoff 7 34 .266 1B Casey, Sean 2 9 .359 LF Lee, Carlos 17 43 .269 LF Bay, Jason 16 45 .303 1B Fielder, Prince 9 33 .326 RF Wilson, Craig 9 25 .283 SS Hall, Bill 12 27 .269 3B Sanchez, Freddy 4 27 .342 3B Koskie, Corey 6 19 .285 2B Castillo, Jose 7 25 .303 C Miller, Damian 4 21 .289 C Paulino, Ronny 1 9 .302 P Capuano, Chris (5-3, 2.88) P Snell, Ian (4-3, 5.98) 

Looks like Ned wants the defense to show up tonight.

Only way i can explain Cirillo starting against a right handed pitcher... then again.. he's cirillo and it's 2006. And you know what that means....

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/caer/ce/eek/earth/images/rake.gif

Quote:
I cannot stand these Pittsburgh announcers MLB.TV, I have to mute it.

my sole intention of coming on BF.net was to state this, and this alone...

they made that last one sound like an unassisted triple play.

it was a routine stab, and for some reason he decided not to set his feet. Brady would have beat out that throw.

Archived