Brewer Fanatic

6.1.06 Brewers (Bush) @ Pirates (Maholm) 11:35 AM CST

brewers19
Quote:
That's funny, the tenured professors are usually the ones that get away with doing the minimum because their job isn't in jeopardy.

Not, it's not funny at all. A tenured professor can slack off because once he has tenure, he basically has to shoot someone or have relations with a student to get canned.

Besides, one decent game by a rookie does not a replacement make. Hart has a lot of potential, but saying that he can step in and take over for Jenkins based on one game is a little far fetched.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not, it's not funny at all. A tenured professor can slack off because once he has tenure, he basically has to shoot someone or have relations with a student to get canned.

Hopefully the exception, rather than the rule.

So how do you explain Carlos' major slump as well?

If I could do that I'd have Butch's job.

Hart has a lot of potential, but saying that he can step in and take over for Jenkins based on one game is a little far fetched.

One game at a time... for 2130 games that is.

Paul Maholm: soft-tossing young lefty, pick-off artist?

That's two today. Granted, they're both guys who are young enough to be in college, but it's pretty impressive to pick off players to end the inning twice in a row.

Do you think Bush is aiming at that low outside corner on account of the one Castillo put into the seats on a low-inside curve from JDLR the other day?

Edit: when I saw In-play, run-scoring play, I was certain he'd jacked another one. This guy is killing us.

But it doesn't keep you from claiming that Jenkins is sluffing off because he's the longest tenured Brewer?

If we are going by strict semantic standards (tenure vs longest tenured)... i never made that claim. i may have alluded to it though.

i've tried to give geoff batting advice but he doesn't take it. he loves his 9 iron too much.

Yeah, that's it. Stepford Catcher. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Well, I had the radio on at lunch just long enough to hear the (I also say suspicious, or at least mighty convenient) delay followed by first-hit...and I consult Brewerfan just as the Pirates tie.

So I'm ducking out, for the team. I'll go knock on wood now.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived