Brewer Fanatic

6.1.06 Brewers (Bush) @ Pirates (Maholm) 11:35 AM CST

brewers19

In 01 after a PNC sweep we went 30-56. In 04 after a PNC sweep we went 26-56.

Well, if the Brewers lose 56 of their remaining games, they'd finish 78-84, which would be less crappy than 2001 or 2004.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

If you want proof, tell ezboard to make their search function not suck.

If these posts were as abundant as you claim, you shouldn't have any trouble finding them.

Don't go calling out the board when you have no proof to back it up.

Joe

first even if the Crew sweep the Nats (LMAO) i will not be signing there Praises because at best this team is a 500 ball club at best.

I have not jumped off any bridges in the last 30 years with this club. we have good young ballplayers and hopefully down the road they can be a contender.

Ps Joe Most of those clubs have been to the Playoffs in the past 12 years . so i would rather have been in their shoes than the brewers. also Joe wait till July 31 and we see how many teams we are better than.

I hope i am DEAD WRONG and You and the Crew prove it to me.

Don't go calling out the board when you have no proof to back it up.

Since I'm not looking to call out individual posters, why do I need "proof" anyway? The people who held that opinion know who they are and I simply wanted to point out that Turnbow has looked nothing like an elite closer in 2006. Why do I need to prove to them what opinion they expressed on this board?

And there's the link you wanted, anyway. About 1 month ago (thanks Jason):

Where does Turnbow rank?

Since all the other threads that suggested Turnbow was elite (the ones you apparently have no recollection of) occured last year or right after he was resigned, they are obviously long gone. If that's not good enough for you, owell. If you didn't express that opinion than I wasn't talking to you anyway. If you think I fabricated it, you need to ask yourself what would motivate me to argue against an opinion that never existed.

So we got swept by the Pirates...

The bottom line is this team is not going anywhere with the current pitching we have in place. The staff is horrible. The only starter I feel confident in is Capuano to provide us with consistency. The bullpen is in shambles and even Turnbow is not untouchable out there. People are drinking Brewers "kool-aid" if they think we can compete with the pitching we have. With this staff and bullpen, we will be 15 games back before you know it.

All of this = Melvin trade for some pitching, PLEASE!!!

Quote:
Nothing like saying "screw you" to a fellow Brewer fan. Way to represent BF.net.

Nothing like giving up on the team that you are supposedly a fan of. A team that is A. very young and still getting better B. is missing 3 of its top 6 starting pitchers, and C. still has 2/3 of a season left to play.

Quote:
That's completely uncalled for and will not be tolerated.

Should i have used the blue font? That's about as polite as i can be in that situation. It really makes me mad to see those types of comments.

I haven't even seen the main page yet, but i'm willing to bet the sky is falling.

Community Moderator

Since I'm not looking to call out individual posters, why do I need "proof" anyway? Why do I need to prove to them what opinion they expressed on this board?

You said:

Can people PLEASE stop calling Turnbow an elite closer? He isn't. He had one good season and his secondary stats weren't even that good.

By your own admission, they haven't done so in a month. So why was that post necessary? As you said, the posts about that were from months ago. Why bring up a topic that is long since passed?

As I said, if you're going to call people out and make generalizations, have proof first and don't make someone else look it up for you.

And if you actually read that thread, it really doesn't help prove your point, FWIW.

Brewmann04

I'm not trying to get in a big arguement with you about this team, I'm just frustrated w/ people in general who are all of a sudden claiming this team is terrible. At the beginning of the season you'd see posts all over claiming we were a ~90 win team, and now people are claiming this team is at best a .500 team. It just annoys me when people keep going overboard when the going gets tough. Its a long season, and while I still don't think we'll make the playoffs (something I never believed would happen this year) I still think we'll be a 83-86 win team.

Why bring up a topic that is long since passed?

When I requested that people "stop calling Turnbow an elite closer" I didn't mean to insinuate that a new thread expressing that was being made every day. A significant group of individuals felt T-Bow was among the best at the end of the 2005 season and it's been one whole month since someone made a thread suggesting just that. I should simply assume that people have completely reversed their opinion on Turnbow after 30 days?

As I said, if you're going to call people out and make generalizations, have proof first and don't make someone else look it up for you.

If you never thought Turnbow was among the best closers in the game, my post doesn't concern you. I'm not looking to prove to you personally anything. If you thought or still think he is, I don't need to prove to you that you thought it or expressed it on these boards. You already know.

And if you actually read that thread, it really doesn't help prove your point, FWIW.

I disagree.

EDIT: Can we like, disarm or something?

My work place was without internet yesterday afternoon so I couldn't listen to audio or watch it then. I had people updating me through the game. I too couldn't believe they were pitching to Castillo (spelling) but I could see why they didn't just put him on. I had confidence in Turnbow to put him away and get at least one win in Pitt.

I was depressed when I heard they lost. I was mad at Turnbow for letting the team down again. He hasn't been sharp the last month or so. Our pitching staff needs to be totally redone except for Cappy. Davis needs work on his walks big time and Eveland and De la Rosa just don't cut it for me as starters. Hopefully they can improve since we probably have another month of both of them.

I was excited about this season and now I just don't see them staying around .500 anymore. Not with the pitching problems and the hitting down.

What happened to our 5 game winning streak? Let's bag this 5 game losing streak!

That's about as polite as i can be in that situation. It really makes me mad to see those types of comments.

You didn't even post the part that was the problem. You said "we won't miss you and your 70 posts".

If you don't have the ability to respond politely to a remark that makes you angry, then exercise a little self control and don't bother responding to it at all.

Archived