Brewer Fanatic

6.1.06 Brewers (Bush) @ Pirates (Maholm) 11:35 AM CST

brewers19
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yost blew this save, not Turnbow. Pitching to one of the hottest hitters in the league with first base open and a catcher hitting just above the Mendoza line on deck? Horrible, horrible managing.

The same foolish bravado as pitching to Bonds a few years ago when he was at his peak. Guy can't even learn from his mistakes, it seems.

Quote:
Reminds me a lot about Sheets, but he had two good years. But he is considered an ace.

Except all of Sheets' secondary stats are excellent as well....so you're completely wrong. Turnbow's situation is absolutely nothing like Sheets'. Nice try though.

I'd like to see where people were calling him an elite closer...

You seriously have never seen anyone post that? Please.

Reminds me a lot about Sheets, but he had two good years. But he is considered an ace.

There is no comparison. None.

Quote:

So for the past two years Sheets secondary numbers tell you that he really isnt really good? What secondary numbers are those. please post them. Maybe it was the sub 1.00 whip, or the 250+ strikeouts, maybe it was something else, I dont know please show them to me.

Pitching to one of the hottest hitters in the league with first base open and a catcher hitting just above the Mendoza line on deck? Horrible, horrible managing.

Many would argue that intentionally putting the winning runner on base is not smart baseball.

Before everyone jumps off a ledge, just remember we have a better record than the....

Angels

Athletics

Cubs

Twins

and are tied in the win column with Cleveland

and tied in the loss column with Houston.

Archived