Brewer Fanatic

6.1.06 Brewers (Bush) @ Pirates (Maholm) 11:35 AM CST

brewers19

I'm both bored and depressed, so I naturally felt like starting today's game thread.

Dave Bush (3-5, 5.19 ERA) RHP

vs.

Paul Maholm (2-4, 4.58 ERA) LHP

This is the Brewers' last chance in the series to look somewhat competant as a professional baseball team.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I look at this as a really encouraging sign. That means we must really have something going here if we are all jumping off buildings because we dropped to one game under .500 and we are on our longest losing streak of the season... 4 GAMES!!! This is a big improvement over past seasons, we really don't have to abandon ship yet, there is a lot of fight in this team yet. GO GETTEM' BUSH!!!

Corey Hart gets the start in RF today.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Starting Lineups:

Brewers Pirates Weeks, 2b Mclouth, cf Cirillo, 3b J. Wilson, ss Hall, ss Casey, 1b Lee, lf Bay, lf Fielder, 1b Burnitz, rf Hart, rf Sanchez, 3b Moeller, c Castillo, 2b Clark, cf Doumit, c Bush, p Maholm, p

Good to see Corey Hart getting a start, but unfortunately it's a day game, so I guess he won't be wearing his shades. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Good to see Corey Hart getting a start, but unfortunately it's a day game, so I guess he won't be wearing his shades

If the sun is out, I would suggest wearing them.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

As a side note to Hart starting today, I read that Yost said Fielder and Lee would likely be getting a day off this weekend as well.

With a lineup as weak as that, Ned really should've put Rickie somewhere other than the leadoff spot.

Koskie and Jenkins both stink against lefties:

Last 3 years vs. Lefties:

Jenkins: .730 OPS

Koskie: .647 OPS

I would expect Cirillo and Hart to do much better against lefties than that. This is probably the best lineup available to Yost against lefties right now (ignoring Moeller, of course).

love billy in the 3 hole. (want jenks at 6)

all we need from Hart today is a 4-5, 11 total bases, a few swipes & a walk for a Gehrig-esque "I'll step in for you for the day and not look back for a couple thousand games."

good bush please.

Rickie with 3 errorless plays in the inning. Who says he can't play defense.

People who have seen him play more than one inning?

Nice to see Hart not being over-aggressive in his starting opportunity, and taking the walk when the pitcher gives it to him.

(Then again, compared to the rest of the series, anything that doesn't result in an out is probably an improvement. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif )

Archived