Brewer Fanatic

Post Game Coverage. Which is your favorite?

brewerjamie15

Tossing out a feeler gauge here. I'm interested in knowing what you guys think of each station's post game coverage.

I'd like to hear what you like/dislike and any ideas you'd like to see implemented.

Call out names if you want to for accolades, or dislikes. Speak of local Milwaukee radio stations or non-Milwaukee area post game coverage.

I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

For me, 1250am. A lot of the call in people are.. special. But I like Tim Allen (Not a big fan of Sparky) but since they aren't as close to the organization like 620am is, they seem to touch the hard bruttle truth instead of the company line like 620 has a tendency to. The FSN postgame is pretty worthless, unless Trenni is in something cute!

If I'm at the stadium and on my way home, I usually listen to 620, first. Then I'll go back and forth between 540 and 1250 during commercial breaks. If I'm at home, I just watch FSN and fast forward through the instructional on field stuff.

I like Drew Olson on 540, so I'll listen to him more than most. I haven't listed to 1250 enough to distinguish between the hosts. Too many times the callers seem like Clones, and that doesn't do anything for me.

I've listened to ESPN 540am and 1250am both quite a lot. I like Tim Allen on 1250, but I pretty much can't stand the rest of it. Lots of negativity and many of their callers(not all of them) are completely idiotic. On 540am, there aren't as many callers, but you can't beat the baseball knowledge that they provide and the rational for the analysis they give.

I have to admit: Tim Allen is getting on my nerves. He's really not as baseball-savvy as I thought he was back when the show started in 2006. Allen is a really good fan, though, and I can relate and appreciate that. I'll always be a fan of his. Plus, they tell it how it is -- I listen to the postgame show to help me cope with a loss. When they start talking about baseball cards or magic baseballs, I put in a CD. I was in Oak Creek yesterday and the signal was fading ... kind of sad.

540 has a good show, but the signal is weak. 620 is what you would expect from a 620 baseball show. WTMJ is only useful for Packers coverage.

Honestly, I think the callers on all three shows are ... uninformed (to put it kindly). If you want to know how many times the Brewers play the Cubs in September, please don't call the show -- that's extremely easy information to find using your cell phone. I enjoy listening to the exasperated callers on all shows, though. They expedite the venting process and are good for a chuckle.

I am kind of the same way as some others in this thread...I'll listen to 620 for a bit, then I usually flip between 540 and 1250. I think I like 540 overall a little bit more. The guys on 1250 seem like they like to come up with some really oddball observations to stir up controversy, Sparky especially.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived