Brewer Fanatic

Brewerfan.net member published in SABR

Pedro

A quick tip-o-the-hat to our own Jason Christopherson (jschris) who's article "Burleigh Grimes and the 1912 Eau Claire Commissioners" was featured in the 2008 edition of The National Pastime, SABR's review of baseball history. My issue just showed up today and I noticed Jason's article while flipping through it. I think this is one more example that highlights the caliber of contributors here at Brewerfan.net. Jason also published a book, Baseball in Eau Claire, in 2003.

Congrats, Jason!

You guys are way too nice. Thanks so much.

I agree that the contributors here on Brewerfan are absolutely amazing and you have expanded my Brewer fandom by 1000%. However, I think my biggest bf.net contribution is winning a "Google Won't Save You" contest once.

Congrats, Jason. That's a serious group of writers, and you've got to have some quality chops to make it with them. . .

Isn't there a Grimes exhibit at a small museum or library up there? Emerald Lake? I thought I had read that somewhere. . .

Yep--the smallish museum in Clear Lake is split in half to honor the community's two most famous sons. One side is for Gaylord Nelson and one is for Burleigh Grimes. It's nice, but the real treat is talking with Burleigh's best friend (who is one of the museum's curators and a fellow SABRite). Charles Clark was like a son to Burleigh and would accompany him to the Hall of Fame ceremonies each year. Charles' home is covered with photos of him and Burleigh with all of these legendary baseball figures and Charles has a story or ten for every single one of them. A few years ago I stopped by figuring to spend an hour or so with him but it turned in to an all-day talk. I hope to go over again soon and pick up where we left off.

Thanks again for the kudos everyone.

Archived