Brewer Fanatic

6/2/06 - Washington (Ortiz) v. Brewers (Eveland) 7:05 CST

RyDogg66

Dan Kolb who was doing is best Jeremi Gonzalez impersonation.. who was doing his best Mabeus impersonation who was doing his best Demaria impersonation who was doing his best Lehr impersonat..

Why have 13 pitchers we just need a hybrid pitcher Kolbalezeusarialehr and pitch him everyday.. the results are the same..

We can use this pitcher to relieve whenever evelicksonrosa starts..

How sad when you get so excited to here Rick Helling news.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Does he look pissed, laugh it off, or other?

He looks like he doesn't care and quite honestly, this team looks like they've given up right now. You can feel the frustration in the broadcast booth. Our starters are a joke, our bullpen is a joke, the defense stinks...this is as bad as it gets right now. I'm not trying to sound like it's the end of the world, but this bullpen isn't gonna just magically get better. As long as we have to stick with this pitching staff, we're gonna have trouble winning 2-3 games a week.

Man I wish I didn't have tickets for tomorrow. I guess I'll go get my bobblehead and come home. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

We've now allowed double digit runs in 3 of our last 5 games. To the Pirates and Nationals. Over the last 6 games we've been outscored 52-14.

So we're not just losing, we're getting our butts handed to us on most nights. It's like ever since the finale against Philly, our ability in every facet of the game -- pitching, hitting, and defense, has just plummetted.

Melvin needs to make a move to try and right the ship -- or it's just not going to be righted this year.

How humiliating is it for the Crew to get crushed now at home... and be left with just the drunks in the crowd?

Not what they had in mind when they left PIT

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Community Moderator

Bench one of our slumping corner OF's per day, alternating Hart in-between LF and RF. Get Clark in the 2-hole.

Bring up Sarfate and Jackson, maybe Villanueva.

Eveland back to AAA, do with the rest of the crap in the bullpen what you want.

At least the garbageman looks like he might be a keeper....

Quote:
Bench one of our slumping corner OF's per day, alternating Hart in-between LF and RF.

I agree... I don't think the answer is on some other team.. Obviously there is talent at Nashville... it is just figuring out what combination is going to work..

Though I am leaning towards not sending Eveland done but moving him to the bullpen... I think he is a better option than half the group there... bring him and Sarfate in there and then you at least have some power arms (Sarfate, Capellan, DLR, and Eveland) to go with Wise and Turnbow

Quote:

I wouldn't call 2 runs a rally. It's definitly obtainable.

IBB is a good call here. Zimmerman scares me.

Anyway, don't forget that after Ortiz comes out we get to face their bullpen. We've been doing this all year.

Eh, a late 2 run rally was obtainable by the Milwaukee Brewers team of one week ago. With this team, I felt encouraged by only losing by 1 run to the Pirates. That's not good.

Quote:
Does anyone think there will be a roster move in the next 24 hours?

I'd like to say yes, but does it really make a difference? All Melvin can do is bring up another crappy pitcher from AAA or trade for a low level starter. I kinda feel like the Cubs right now...there are so many things wrong one player isn't gonna mean a whole lot. Pitching, hitting, defense...we stink in all facets right now.

Verified Member

I just got back from the game. Let me first say that there was absoluletly NO buzz in the stands. The fans were out of it from the beginning. It was very disturbing. People already seemed like they have given up on this team and are just there to hang out.

* The leadoff walk to Royce Clayton absolutely made me furious. Everything went down hill from there. I knew that was the beginning of the end when Clayton walked.

* Bill Hall's swing seems to be getting longer again. He seems like he could use a day off. Playing everyday might be taking its toll even though he hit a triple.

* Carlos Lee looked terrible. He needs a couple days off too.

* Corey Hart already seems better than Geoff Jenkins. I would rather see Hart play to inject some youth and life into the lineup.

*Jenkins is not a number three hitter. They should move Clark up to the number two spot and put Fielder, Lee, and Hall as the 3, 4, and 5 hitters. Jenkins should move to the bottom.

* Winkelsas actually seemed like he had the best stuff out there. I wonder if he can start?

*Just a crappy game all around. No offense, no defense, no pitching. Terrible.

Archived