Brewer Fanatic

6/2/06 - Washington (Ortiz) v. Brewers (Eveland) 7:05 CST

RyDogg66
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't call 2 runs a rally. It's definitly obtainable.

IBB is a good call here. Zimmerman scares me.

Anyway, don't forget that after Ortiz comes out we get to face their bullpen. We've been doing this all year.

6 losses obviously sucks but it would at least be explainable if it was to houston / St. Louis or at stupid petco but to Pittsburgh and the Nationals? Seriously? They might as well schedule KC to give the royals fans some hope..

just pathetic..

Reason #200663 why I am not qualified to be a major league manager?

I would have run out of bats to shatter my pitchers elbows with so I wouldn't be forced to use them in a game.

After today's performance I might be tempted to break both Gonzalez's elbows..

Just another day at the office for your Milwaukee Brewers.

This is one of the worst pitching staffs in all my years of being a Brewer fan. We've had some really bad starting staffs and bad bullpens over the years, but never this bad in both categories. It's really a shame to think of all the excitement surrounding this year and at the rate we're going it's gonna be "same 'ole Brewers" once again,

Know what the most frustrating part of this year is?

I can accept when the kids struggle (eveland, hendrickson, DLR, Capellan, etc..) I mean even Maddux got knocked around early in his career but this is where the veteran pitcher's on your stuff (Davis, Gonzalez, Lehr) are supposed to be a stabilizing force. Of course you would think one of the kids would break through...

Quote:
Of course you would think one of the kids would break through...

That's pretty much what it all comes down to. The fact that Hendrickson and Eveland can dominate AAA and can't get anyone out in the big leagues is sickening.

after corey lines a double here does he move past Gross on the PH list? Even more important when Hardy comes back does this mean Hart stays?

Edit: Even with a single I think he has moved past Gross..

Of course you would think one of the kids would break through...

Give Hendrickson a third or forth shot at breaking through. He's a AAA world beater and then he wakes up in his bed in Milwaukee and he becomes a Rookie ball pitcher just out of high school pitching to guys 5x better than him. The pitching depth in the minors is terrible and the only way to correct that problem is by developing pitchers better and making trades to acquire arms better than those of Shouse, Gonzalez or Mabeus. Those are scrap-heap type players who shouldn't even be on a MLB roster.

Quote:
That's pretty much what it all comes down to. The fact that Hendrickson and Eveland can dominate AAA and can't get anyone out in the big leagues is sickening.

Yeah.. I think that you have to bring jackson up.. you can afford to let Eveland and DLR learn up here if you are 20 games under .500 or have 4 other solid starters but they need to stem the bleeding.. if DLR struggles I think you almost have to bring up Jackson and Hendrickson to fill the 4 and 5 spots..

Quote:
Shouse, Gonzalez or Mabeus. Those are scrap-heap type players who shouldn't even be on a MLB roster.

I agree why not give Sarfate a shot at long reliever at least he has some upside you know you have Garbage with Gonzalez..

Community Moderator

The fact that Hendrickson and Eveland can dominate AAA and can't get anyone out in the big leagues is sickening.

Eveland has had a whopping 36 innings total at AAA... he simply needs more time there.

To lump him in with Hendrickson is a big mistake.

How does Ricky react when he makes errors? I only have the radio.

Does he look pissed, laugh it off, or other?

Please tell me....it happens so often that I could use a little better visualization of how the E-4 looks after the fact. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Archived