Brewer Fanatic

6/2/06 - Washington (Ortiz) v. Brewers (Eveland) 7:05 CST

RyDogg66

Washington is 4th in the NL East with a record of 22-32 and are coming off a victory,

The Brewers, as we all know, started their June Swoon and are currently also in 4th, but in the NL Central, with a record of 26-28.

This is a pivotal game, series, and homestand for the Brewers. They have played terrific at home this year and they are set for their longest homestand of the season. A 6-4 homestand would put them back at .500 and they need to take at least 2-3 from Washington as things get progressively harder with San Diego and the St. Louis finishing the homestand.

Here is to my first in-game thread of the year helping to turn things around.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/rluzinski/winprob602.gif

Eveland having a nice strong outing and the Crew getting the win could go a long way towards lifting the collective spirits of brewrefan.net nation.

Verified Member

Looking for something positive: just remember this is not 1999, the Brewers are better, they may not have the pitching right now but to me its really exciting to watch a lineup with Weeks, Lee, Hall, and Fielder instead of a lineup featuring Burnitz, Nilsson, Meiske and Valentin.

When everything is said and done they will have a successful season.

If this was '99 then we would lose somwhere in the neighborhood of about 15 out of the next 20 games, that will not happen this year.

I like the fact, yes I said it, I like the fact that we got swept because know the team gets to see if it really is better than past years. If they are better as most of us beileve it will only make them tougher mentally and thus they will rebound.

I thought Eveland pitched well in his last start. Granted he gave up that 3 run home run to Griffey but he was pitching scared at that point. A couple of better pitches in that situation and he could have gotten out of it or at least that 5th inning.

Here's too hoping he can get through tonight's game (hoping for 6 innings) without giving up a home run and no more than 3 runs.

Let's go Brew Crew. You're home at last!

i'm thoroughly amazed that this IGT is already up. I think we have more posts already than we did half way through the game yesterday!

It's good to see everyone in good spirits. That series was just plain awful, and it's good to get it behind us.

By the way, we have gone 1-5 on another road trip this year and bounced back just fine. Win the Washington series and split or better with the Padres and we are still in good shape.

Community Moderator

Eveland having a nice strong outing and the Crew getting the win could go a long way towards lifting the collective spirits of brewrefan.net nation.

I was starting to wonder when you were going to start doing the probabilities again. Nice to see, as I enjoy them a bunch.

Quote:
Looking for something positive: just remember this is not 1999, the Brewers are better, they may not have the pitching right now but to me its really exciting to watch a lineup with Weeks, Lee, Hall, and Fielder instead of a lineup featuring Burnitz, Nilsson, Meiske and Valentin.

Also, I think this team has more pride than some previous outfits. It was painful for us to watch the past five games, but imagine how much it stunk for the players and coaches. A little home-cooking is just what this team needs right now. Eveland is due for a breakout game tonight and the bats are poised to take out some frustration. C'mon Crew!

Bah-humbug. This team is lousy. They've got no marbles. Put a fork in 'em. They should just quit now before they're embarrassed by a team with a GM who knows what he's doing. What has this Melvin character ever done? Flippitty Flooopity I say!!!

I bet Eveland has a quality start. 6 innings, 8 k's, 3 runs 2 earned. Weeks error. Lee goes yard, fielder has a 2-run double. Crew wins 5-4.

What? You can't be positive at a time like this!

3TO Apostle

Tough game tonight, be checking in sporadically...

if we win, it will be a relief, collective exhale... yes, we should beat the Nationals at home.

if we lose, the spiralling skid of anger, accusations and venemous posts goes on... another page added to the venting thread.

go bats. weeks homers.

NO. WASHINGTON MILWAUKEE 1. A. Soriano, LF R. Weeks, 2B 2. R. Clayton, SS B. Hall, SS 3. J. Vidro, 2B G. Jenkins, RF 4. N. Johnson, 1B C. Lee, LF 5. R. Zimmerman, 3B P. Fielder, 1B 6. M. Byrd, CF C. Koskie, 3B 7. B. Schneider, C D. Miller, C 8. M. Vento, RF B. Clark, CF 9. R. Ortiz, P D. Eveland, P

Looks like we have the good lineup today. I love this lineup.

Hit it to Left, boys!

Archived