Brewer Fanatic

Miller Park food policy change?

olsonnet
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bani1717 wrote:
Don't take Blue Mound Road into games. I always head east on Wisconsin, then turn right onto Blue Mound right after crossing the bridge over hwy 41. There is much less traffic this way - on Opening Day, I cut a 1/2 mile line of bumber to bumer traffic down to less than a block this way.

It's best kept secret if you know what I mean. Last thing I need is for people killing my awesome ez-in route, dude! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Lets try and keep these things under our hats. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Are those who do not learn from history doomed to repeat it?

Well probably not....but one of the precipitating factors in the Braves slide in attendance in the 60's was the fact that they banned the practice of carry in beer. Caused a huge backlash.

What I wouldn't do to have carry in beer. Would save me a fortune. I usualy buy 3 or 4 at the game and that adds up real fast. It's entertainment I tell myself and similar to going to a bar and quite frankly, I much more enjoy the game after about 3. (I'm not some drunk who gets rowdy or obnoxious for the record. I can hold it and have "been there" before) I'm just there to have a good time and get my buzz on.

What about peanuts? Imho, peanuts should be allowed to be brought into every MLB park. It's part of baseball. The price they charge for the not very large bag of peanuts in the stadium is crazy..not to mention they are not very good peanuts.

I hope peanuts are still allowed...I mean, you just show them the bag of peanuts as you walk in...they don't have to take the time to check anything! The 8 oz. bag of Fisher Peanuts at Miller Park is $3.50....I buy my own 24 oz. bag of Fisher Peanuts at Sentry for only $3.23.

The price of food at the ballpark is probably in line with food prices at other events(concerts, fairs, etc.) but is still outrageous. Like somebody else mentioned, the food is bland and the quality is just a bit above cafeteria food.

I bring a backpack to every game and it never takes more than 5 seconds to check the bag. All you have to do is have it unzipped when you walk up and you barely pause for them to check it. It takes longer to unzip the bag than it takes them to check it.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Al, this may blow your mind, but there's also the possibility that in getting to the game, maybe you don't have time to eat before going inside. And if you don't want to sit at your car cramming down whatever it is you're eating, it's sure going to be a heck of a lot longer than three hours from the time you get close to the park til the time you leave.

Eat before the game. Is it really that hard to not eat anything for 3 hours?
im guessing you have not attended games with children. my oldest is only 2 1/2 and it is the only real way to keep her in a seat for more than 1/2 inning!

also, as has been said, we can bring in drinks for everyone for the price of buying one at the stadium. granted sometimes these are "special" drinks...which is probably another reason why they may stop allowing carry-in drinks.

i will always bring in peanuts or sunflower seeds. i cant imagine those being taken away.

if anything, allow separate entrances for people carrying in if their worry is getting people in the doors. that or realize that the days of getting from your car to your seat in 10 minutes is long gone.

we can bring in drinks for everyone for the price of buying one at the stadium.

Yes and I could bring in a 6 pack or more for the price of one beer, if I were allowed to do it. If the policy changes it is not going to be because the Brewers did not realize that bringing food and drinks in is cheaper.

I disagree that the food is bland. Sounds like cheapies and sour grapes. They provide plenty of options and plenty of condiments. Kraut, onions, relish and stadium sauce as well as brown mustard. The Chorizo's in a tortilla are kinda neat and theres all types of different foods all over form Chinese to veggie dogs to whatever.

I've been to a lot of ballparks and Miller Park clearly has some of the best stadium food. And it isn't even close by most standards.

Tell ya what, get a polish and have the guy dip it in his hot stadium sauce and cover it in grilled onions and kraut (most stands have this on request, look for it). That's an amazing sandwich and NOT bland by any stretch. Spend a buck when you go out there and have a good time.

I disagree that the food is bland. Sounds like cheapies and sour grapes. They provide plenty of options and plenty of condiments. Kraut, onions, relish and stadium sauce as well as brown mustard. The Chorizo's in a tortilla are kinda neat and theres all types of different foods all over form Chinese to veggie dogs to whatever.

I've been to a lot of ballparks and Miller Park clearly has some of the best stadium food. And it isn't even close by most standards.

Tell ya what, get a polish and have the guy dip it in his hot stadium sauce and cover it in grilled onions and kraut (most stands have this on request, look for it). That's an amazing sandwich and NOT bland by any stretch. Spend a buck when you go out there and have a good time.

Not that I have any kids but I would be hardpressed to call someone who brings a family of 5 cheap if they don't buy food at the ballpark. I would think the fact that they are spending $100 dollars on tickets/parking in the cheapest sections would make this day expensive enough that another $50 (Soda, Burger, and Fries for each person) on food is quite extensize and not needed espcially for families on a budget. Not everyone that goes to the park can afford to go the full nine.

Not that I have any kids but I would be hardpressed to call someone who brings a family of 5 cheap if they don't buy food at the ballpark. I would think the fact that they are spending $100 dollars on tickets/parking in the cheapest sections would make this day expensive enough that another $50 (Soda, Burger, and Fries for each person) on food is quite extensize and not needed espcially for families on a budget. Not everyone that goes to the park can afford to go the full nine.

Not to mention that that's only if they go once. Let's say you have a 9 pack. That's an extra what, $500? Pretty pricey just for food.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

You shouldn't have to add all that stuff to a brat to make it taste good.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Does anyone NOT think the food was better at County? That's not nostalgia talking. At least as far as sausages go...I don't go to the park to eat Chinese or a pizza or whatever.

Indeed it was if I recall.

They weren't using Klements back then either. Klements is pretty garbage sausage IMO. I believe Johnsinville had the contract back then or maybe Usingers at one time. But the brats were bigger and juicer back in the day. I also remember everything came in a wax cup.

my best advice. Invest in some cargo shorts with big pockets.

You can get a 20oz bottle (captain morgan or jack) in one pocket. The other leg pocket go with a sandwich or two. Both pockets you can stuff whatever else your heart desires into them.... a plastic bag of chips... licorice... whatever.

Honestly, I'd just bring in the 20oz captain to the game.. I really wouldn't bring in any food, because I usually got a brat or an italian.. and a pretzel. If they change that policy, I'd be more apt to start smuggling food in.. why? Because I cant stand it when businesses try to scrape every last dime out of loyal people.

Archived